Closed Thread
Page 99 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast

Thread: The All New FOOTY Thread 20/21

I'm Grant.

if for instance celtic had won the 3 games rangers won over them, there would only have been a 5 point gap.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes, it would be, had you done it against a calibre of Celtic side, the likes of which was led by Brendan Rodgers, and which certainly didn't apply this season. However, that's simply my view, and you have another, so yes best just to agree to disagree

However, how "spectacular", or otherwise, your performance is in any sport is directly proportional to the calibre of the opposition.

Another factor that for me had a significant bearing on this season's outcome was that, for whatever reason, your team handled playing inside empty stadiums much better than mine, I've no idea why, but for me it's a fact, and that will also be why next season will be so different, once we get all the fans back.

Marco.
    well we of course dont know that..it might have been that it would have been a bigger gap; impossible to say really. I dont see it as a factor as its same for both sides; both have very demanding fans.
    Celtic like rangers had issues to compete against throughout season, and i think celtic potentially should have done better with the supposed better players, but didnt so maybe the players were not better. As I say these things happen. Stress of trying for a 10th title got gers when they tried it too.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Yes I agree, the targets are the same for us, *BUT* trebles are lovely to win too (as you know yourself), and you need the two cups to achieve that - that's the point I'm making!

Here's the thing... Which would you take, if offered it at the beginning of next season: a league title and getting through to the last 16 of the CL, but no cup wins, or a domestic treble and 'only' qualifying for the CL group stages?

I know what I'd choose!

Marco.
    obviously the former.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    if for instance celtic had won the 3 games rangers won over them, there would only have been a 5 point gap.
    Sorry, don't get the relevance of that. 'Ifs and buts' are irrelevant, mate - you can only deal with facts. And the fact is that this season Celtic were but a pale shadow of their usual selves, not JUST in the league, but also in the domestic cups and in Europe.

Therefore, the calibre of your opposition this season was poor, and I include Aberdeen in that - and so how "spectacular" Rangers have been must be judged on that basis.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

obviously the former.
    Really?? Not for me. The treble (thus including a title win) would be far more satisfying than simply progressing one more round in Europe!

I get it, from a money perspective, but fans remember trebles far more, and form a significant part of a club's history, than any European success, outwith of reaching a final, or actually winning a trophy.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

well we of course dont know that..it might have been that it would have been a bigger gap; impossible to say really. I dont see it as a factor as its same for both sides; both have very demanding fans.
    Celtic like rangers had issues to compete against throughout season, and i think celtic potentially should have done better with the supposed better players, but didnt so maybe the players were not better. As I say these things happen. Stress of trying for a 10th title got gers when they tried it too.
    Sure, but we'll have to agree to disagree on the empty stadium issue, and how both teams coped with it

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

I see the chaps league final will be played now in Portugal, with 12k fans allowed to attend...6 from each side.

I bet there will be a huge scramble for those
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Sure, but we'll have to agree to disagree on the empty stadium issue, and how both teams coped with it

Marco.
    celtics main problems were defeding from set pieces and missing good chances at other end. the teams in league saw this and attacked those weaknesses. lennon and his coaches failed to sort it. in fact lennon said he didnt have time to fix defending..which was a fairly terrible admission.
    happened in england too both last season and this, among other things of course. do fans change these things? im not so sure.

but as is always in scotland, there has to be a winner, and the other might as well have come last. just the of fans attitude, which i find a bit tedious. Hence why i hope hibs win cup as it means 2 more sides get glory. Something all fans should taste
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Really?? Not for me. The treble (thus including a title win) would be far more satisfying than simply progressing one more round in Europe!

I get it, from a money perspective, but fans remember trebles far more, and form a significant part of a club's history, than any European success, outwith of reaching the likes of a semi-final or final, or actually winning a European trophy.

Marco.
    Champs league especially is such a money spinner, even one extra round is super plus the aura behind it and the rep for the team and players(also value of) goes up much more than the cups of what is still seen abroad as a diddy league in many ways. More cash and better rep means better players get signed etc, players you have get sold for higher values etc.. I bet if you asked the chairmen, they would agree
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Yes, but I'd bet most fans wouldn't. I agree about the money angle, but in years to come domestic trebles remain in the minds of most fans, and in the history books, for far longer than any minor successes in Europe

By 'minor successes' I mean anything much outwith of reaching a final or winning a trophy.

And as was discovered recently with the threat of a new European 'super league', ultimately football is about what matters MOST to the FANS, not the money men!

Marco.
    Main System

Closed Thread
Page 99 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast