+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Speaker query?

I'm Geoff.

There should be a levy on commercial TV to fund advert free channels. Maybe something like this exists already, if it does, it's not working.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

The whole thing is on its last legs anyway. Nobody under 40 watches live to air tv anymore. It's only us oldies which is why all the ads are for funeral plans and all the programmes are about the War.

Give it 20 more years and it won't even exist. Amazon, Netflix etc will have replaced it completely.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

I have a simple system. Go through the listing for the day and tape any programs about the War that a) look interesting and b) you've not seen before.

Then go to recorded shows and watch the stuff you taped yesterday, fast forwarding through all the funeral plan ads.

No muss, no fuss.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Dennis.

That is what I do also, I look for the 'meaty' stuff and am building a library so that re-watching the dense stuff educates.

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The whole thing is on its last legs anyway. Nobody under 40 watches live to air tv anymore. It's only us oldies which is why all the ads are for funeral plans and all the programmes are about the War.

Give it 20 more years and it won't even exist. Amazon, Netflix etc will have replaced it completely.
    Someone needs to tell the BBC. Shoving people out to cater for the Yoof who don't watch mainstream tele. Also: Why does any channel have to have continuity announcers?
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Someone needs to tell the BBC. Shoving people out to cater for the Yoof who don't watch mainstream tele. Also: Why does any channel have to have continuity announcers?
    The one on ITV4 is just a recording.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234