+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PMC speakers

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    I'm not sure what point you're making here? I can think of no loudspeaker manufacturer who would sell you voice coils on their own and to do so would be pointless anyway, as no user at home has the necessary jigs and production aids to fit them properly, unless they once worked for the drive unit manufacturer and nicked a set from the production line!
    True if they were that helpful to the DIY community they should probably just shut down loudspeaker production and sell drive units to Wilmslow Audio

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    I'm not sure what point you're making here? I can think of no loudspeaker manufacturer who would sell you voice coils on their own and to do so would be pointless anyway, as no user at home has the necessary jigs and production aids to fit them properly, unless they once worked for the drive unit manufacturer and nicked a set from the production line!
    Rourke did in the past when Brian was alive as I killed my test Sabre many times and he came to the rescue, I miss Uncle Brian and the great service he did.

I'm Martin.

I see the ATC SCM19 has also failed to measure well https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...-review.14519/

Another pro company that also does a 'hi-fi' line, trading on the name?

The only ATC I ever got a listen to were the active SCM100 ASL, they were superb.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Brilliant. PMCs are shite, ATCs are shite. I've seen a few comments that would lead me to believe they think Harbeths are shite. I can probably guarantee they'd think my Audio Notes are shite.

I'm just glad it's my ears that are shite otherwise I wouldn't be able to find any speakers with which to enjoy my music....

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty38 View Post
    Brilliant. PMCs are shite, ATCs are shite. I've seen a few comments that would lead me to believe they think Harbeths are shite. I can probably guarantee they'd think my Audio Notes are shite.

I'm just glad it's my ears that are shite otherwise I wouldn't be able to find any speakers with which to enjoy my music....
    Of all the speakers they have measured so far there's only a handful that didn't have at least some serious issues. I've owned enough speakers over the years that that doesn't come as any surprise to me. Getting a speaker absolutely 'right' isn't easy, or cheap to do. They are always going to be the biggest compromise in any system. The trick is to pick a compromise you can live with.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Of all the speakers they have measured so far there's only a handful that didn't have at least some serious issues. I've owned enough speakers over the years that that doesn't come as any surprise to me. Getting a speaker absolutely 'right' isn't easy, or cheap to do. They are always going to be the biggest compromise in any system. The trick is to pick a compromise you can live with.
    Spot on Martin!
    Barry

I'm John.

Ears are the only way to decide. Not some squiggly lines. 😊
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

I'm Geoff.

A glance is usually enough for me. If I see more than two drive units in speakers, I know I'm unlikely to want to listen to them.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    A glance is usually enough for me. If I see more than two drive units in speakers, I know I'm unlikely to want to listen to them.
    Odd that. I'm the opposite, won't bother with a two way speaker at all unless it using some sort of compression driver like Tannoy or JBL.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I see the ATC SCM19 has also failed to measure well https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...-review.14519/

Another pro company that also does a 'hi-fi' line, trading on the name?

The only ATC I ever got a listen to were the active SCM100 ASL, they were superb.
    Heard some big ATCs at Cranage last year, in "Chasing The Dragon" room. Don't know what model, they actually made classical music enjoyable for me. I could live with that sound no problem But really it comes down to how they'd work in my little bungalow, regardless of how they measure.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast