+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PMC speakers

I'm Julian.

If I may, I would offer that generalisations about a brand based on the reported performance of one model, are a bit unwise. I freely confess I've not heard this particular model, but I have heard other larger ones in the range. While I personally didn't care for them as much as the earlier models (the FB1s, DB1s, etc which I did particularly like) I certainly wouldn't have called them catastrophic failures.

I would agree that it's right to call out a problem when it's discovered - there are too many reviews that beat around the bush somewhat. But care should be taken not to generalise or stereotype about an entire company's output, without using your own judgment. Use the facts and figures, measurements and charts wisely, but be led by what you hear and judge for yourself.

I'm Martin.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jules_S View Post
    If I may, I would offer that generalisations about a brand based on the reported performance of one model, are a bit unwise. I freely confess I've not heard this particular model, but I have heard other larger ones in the range. While I personally didn't care for them as much as the earlier models (the FB1s, DB1s, etc which I did particularly like) I certainly wouldn't have called them catastrophic failures.

I would agree that it's right to call out a problem when it's discovered - there are too many reviews that beat around the bush somewhat. But care should be taken not to generalise or stereotype about an entire company's output, without using your own judgment. Use the facts and figures, measurements and charts wisely, but be led by what you hear and judge for yourself.
    A very good point.
    GyroDec 2M Black, Amplification: Luxman 505ux.
    Loudspeakers: Harbeth HL-K6

Quad 99 CD, Amplifier: Teac A H 500i, Loudspeakers: SCM11

Receiver: Teac CR H500, Loudspeakers: B&W CDM 1NT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234