Good afternoon all,

Im obviosly a newbie on here, Im no spring chicken! Recently retired at age 60...Back in the day. (70s/80s) I was really into listening to music.. all sorts, particularly reggae! Back then, I bought what I thought was pretty decent stereo gear........Alas! that was then..this is now!! Ive no real idea on what to buy!!

I will be listening to mainly, records, also C.D. of course, I dont do much ( well NONE! streaming etc, my daughter does though)......

Id "like", to spen up to about £1,000 on the system, of course this isnt rigid......but! From what little Ive looked at online...this is a rabbit hole Im going to enter... lol! Ive so far bought Bower and Wilkins CM1 speakers, (they should be with me early next week)...they are of course second, I paid £280 for them? Good deal or bad deal?!!

Ive been advised (though not on hi-fi forums! it was on a watch forum!) that Rega are decent turntables? NAD, or Marantz etc are good amps? Ive no real idea to be honest! of what to look for in an amp. (all I "think I know"! is that it will need phono on it to play records!?).

I have no problem buying second hand, as will probably get a good deal that way...SO!! IF! it ws your £7-800 ish...what would you get in the way of an amp, and a player, oh C.D. too?

Whilst looking online, Im bewildered by what I see! I have seem amps. with "radios!" (hey Im 60!!! or are they called receivers these days?!) on them, some with some without, some with C.D. players in them some without.........I really need phono, and C.D. play facilities, I " assume", if I was to get an old/vintage amp. they wouldnt be able to get D.A.B. even if I was to buy a D.A.B. receiver..(even if such a thing exists?!).

I appreciate, these questions Im asking, may well seem really basic and stupid to you on here! In my defence though...Ive not bought a stereo for..almost 30 years now!!

All advice and info will be gratefully received!

Thanks in advance!