Good morning all...Im (obviously!) a newbie here.

I dont have a system to speak off...hence why Im joining this forum for words of wisdom and advice!

I used to (70s/80s) really be into listening to music..The last "decent" stereo, I bought, was a Sony stack system...about 1991/2....it cost me about £500...used it for years, then got married, kids came along, my "me" time got less and less, so didnt listen to much music then...when I did...it wasnt records! but C.D. and digital...eventually, mostly listened to music on laptop etc.

Im now looking to get back into music, so want to buy a system...I am waiting on a pair of B and W CM1s to be delivered...should be next week....so now I need, amp, C.D. player etc etc.

Over the past few days, Ive been scouring the internet, for advice/info, on what to buy etc....Phew! Im lost..its a rabbit hole! SO many things to buy, not sure what Im doing!

Id "planned" on spending about £1,000...which I thought (before looking online!), was a decent amount of money...its not really! Though I think I should be able to get something half decent (for me anyway!) for that money,,,,,,,Then on another forum, where I was asking questions (that was on a watch forum by the way!)...somebody suggested I join a hi-fi forum.....so here I am!

I will be (sorry in advance!) asking for lots and lots of advice , on whats best for me and my budget!! lol!! ie.on amps. tuners etc erc......Thats it folks!