+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Apple Music/ iTunes/ streamer issues

I'm Robin.

Default Apple Music/ iTunes/ streamer issues

I have several thousand tracks in Apple Music / ITunes which have been ripped or downloaded over the years, unfortunately my Arcam streamer doesn’t recognise many of them. Is there anyway to convert them to a format that the Streamer will recognise?
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

a few programs will do it i think.. jriver probably will.. used to be a mac flac convertor too if you have a mac, but jriver works on macs too.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    a few programs will do it i think.. jriver probably will.. used to be a mac flac convertor too if you have a mac, but jriver works on macs too.
    The music is currently on my MacBook Pro, thanks Grant will have a look
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Kevin.

VLC can do it and it's free which is always nice

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckletheuncivil View Post
    VLC can do it and it's free which is always nice
    Like the sound of that Kevin, thanks.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Jo.

Default Grrrr!!!

Infuriating that you have to sort it. Arcam or Apple or any body else's products ought to be designed better. If only the customer's best interests were served by kit being made with the capacity to transfer files from one system to another seamlessly.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Landloper View Post
    Infuriating that you have to sort it. Arcam or Apple or any body else's products ought to be designed better. If only the customer's best interests were served by kit being made with the capacity to transfer files from one system to another seamlessly.
    Apple are not really known for making things easy.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Jo.

Default >>>

Aye, as an Apple user I'm afraid I have to agree. Apple have also gradually taken control of apps and systems away from me, the user, so even though I still have four Mac devices in use, I won't be excluding Windows platforms from any replacement shortlist. As my 15 year old 40Gb Mac notebook is still in almost daily use I'm not quite sure when I'll be choosing a new computer.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Landloper View Post
    Aye, as an Apple user I'm afraid I have to agree. Apple have also gradually taken control of apps and systems away from me, the user, so even though I still have four Mac devices in use, I won't be excluding Windows platforms from any replacement shortlist. As my 15 year old 40Gb Mac notebook is still in almost daily use I'm not quite sure when I'll be choosing a new computer.
    In addition to my MacBook Pro, I have an iPad and iPhone and they all have different music libraries, with 7,500 tracks on the laptop but the Arcam can’t see them all unfortunately.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

+ Reply to Thread