+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First post

I'm John.

Default First post

Hi all,
    I came across this site when looking for a 12volt triger switch, it seems very interesting.
    I have a Meridian system most of which is quite old. A pair of M100 speakers fed from a G95 cd receiver. both of these have been upgraded by John Samson of JS Audio Repairs. The speakers are 35 years old so he replaced the reservoir capacitors and a few other components, he also upgraded the power supply in the G95. I LOVE IT.

I still play vinyl with an old Technics SL7 and an Ortoffon OMP 20

I also have a QNAP 473 NAS running Roon feeding a Raspberry Pi3 with a HiFi Berry Digi plus pro.

I prefer classical music but love most music except jazz, I just can't get into jazz.

Looking forward to exploring the site.

John

I'm Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyreilly View Post
    Hi all,
    I came across this site when looking for a 12volt triger switch, it seems very interesting.
    I have a Meridian system most of which is quite old. A pair of M100 speakers fed from a G95 cd receiver. both of these have been upgraded by John Samson of JS Audio Repairs. The speakers are 35 years old so he replaced the reservoir capacitors and a few other components, he also upgraded the power supply in the G95. I LOVE IT.

I still play vinyl with an old Technics SL7 and an Ortoffon OMP 20

I also have a QNAP 473 NAS running Roon feeding a Raspberry Pi3 with a HiFi Berry Digi plus pro.

I prefer classical music but love most music except jazz, I just can't get into jazz.

Looking forward to exploring the site.

John
    Welcome. I like some Jazz, more the bebop era which is late 1950s. I don't like R&B and I hate rap. Are you on the WAM?
    Last edited by StingRay; 30-06-2020 at 11:48.

I'm Geoff.

Hello John. Welcome to AOS.

Nice gear Meridian, many of us use their equipment.

Join in the chat and get to know the members, it's a friendly place.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS John.

We have a few Classical music lovers here, with a section where we discuss classical recordings. https://theartofsound.net/forum/foru...ssical-Section

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Adrian.

Welcome John,

Meridian equipment generally sounds very good and tends to last. I used to have a 500 series based surround system, which was great, I really should have kept the 557 amplifier instead of going through several other amp changes.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread