+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTD - Exposure Super XV, or XVII and Super XVIII

I'm Richard.

Hiya - are you still looking for an amp? I've got an Exposure Super XV which is currently surplus to requirements. Excellent cosmetic condition. Bought from a well-known vintage hifi shop in N London. Let me know if you are interested. Cheers, Richard

I'm Jonathan.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRadish View Post
    Yeah, even if that advert was new I’d be in two minds about contacting the guy with pictures like that. Price was good for whoever bought them though. Vintage SF aren’t too expensive, just hard to find. The newer models I’ve owned since haven’t been as good.

I’m having some issues with my X humming through the speakers. It seems to be sensitive to everything, although occasionally it’s quiet. Depends which way the DAC is pointing and what shelf the headphone amp is on I’m hoping the models I’m looking for aren’t that fussy (I don’t remember having any issues with them).
    I had a X several years ago which hummed a lot and I had to remove the screen from one end of i/cs to cure. Hindsight tells me it might have been the connection to a TV and an earth on the aerial might have helped.

I now have a Super XV and it is great. Love the sound and the greater power is useful. Drives a pair of 4 ohm speakers no trouble. Good luck!

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by foodsmith View Post
    Hiya - are you still looking for an amp? I've got an Exposure Super XV which is currently surplus to requirements. Excellent cosmetic condition. Bought from a well-known vintage hifi shop in N London. Let me know if you are interested. Cheers, Richard
    Hi Richard, I'm still looking for a Super XV. I'll send you a PM to see if you can reply (I can't remember if you need a minimum number of posts or not). Just reply here again if you can't.

I'm Andy.

Looks like I can't send you a PM yet either. I vaguely remember 50 posts being required, but it's been a long time since I looked at those rules! Do you have any photos of the Super XV you could post here? If you're able to include a bit of paper with my name written on it in one of the photos that would be ideal.

I'm Lawrence.

Think it's 5 or 10 here, 50 is to post ads on Pinkfish. I could be wrong.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm brian.

Could always put a few posts on 3 words daily, that hardly challenges the mind even at this time of the day.

I'm Geoff.

It's five posts to activate the PM privilege. Posting something in any of the Abstract Chat threads will do. Here:https://theartofsound.net/forum/foru...-Abstract-Chat
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Richard.

Sorry, I'm not having any luck in getting the pictures to upload as attachments. I press the button and nothing happens...

I'm Geoff.

Could be you need five posts for that to work too, not come across that though. Maybe the image file is too big.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andy.

Five posts isn't as bad as I thought! Are you posting the images to Imgur or equivalent and then adding links to the post here, or trying to post the images directly onto AoS? I don't think the latter option works (although I might be wrong).

Edit - once you hit five posts you can just PM me and arrange to email the pics if that's easier.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast