+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Soncoz SGD1 DAC - Review

I'm openingabottleofwine.

It's been a while since I played 'Blue' either on LP or CD, so I will have to give it a go. If it is a clicking noise, due to the original tape becoming creased then there is nothing that can be done about it, apart from digitally 'notching' out each click.

Great review BTW Martin. I've always been content with the built in DACs of any player I have had, although in the early days I did play around with two separate DACs and compared them with the one in my Sony CDP 930. There were distinct and repeatable differences, but overall neither of the external DACs were better. So following the dictum of the German Bauhaus architect Mies van der Rohre: "the less is more", I kept to the internal Sony DAC.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Regarding 'Blue' I tried very hard to hear the alleged issue and could not. But it happens. If someone who had heard it had been there and said 'There it is' I probably would hear it and then never be able to 'unhear' it afterwards.

Assuming it is there of course, which I have my doubts. Maybe it is only on some versions.

It is a truly great record. One of those where no matter how many times you heard it, when it finishes, and that last piano note dies away, you can't help giving a sort of mental 'Wow!'.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234