+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wtd Dr Feickert MkII Cartridge Alignment Tool

I'm peter.

Default Wtd Dr Feickert MkII Cartridge Alignment Tool

if any one has one for sale , let me know,
    pete

I'm Alex.

I have one but I don’t think it’s a MkII...

I'm Alex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by alcarmichael View Post
    I have one but I don’t think it’s a MkII...
    Is there such a thing as the MkI? Can't find any evidence of one anywhere (?) and despite it currently being sold as the MKII, I have one and there's not a mention of it's "Mk" anywhere - on the box, in the associated literature, or on the unit...... Interesting?
    Technics SL1000R, DynavectorXV1t, Garrard 401, Jelco SA750LB, Decca Reference, ATVM750SH, AT33Mono, Hana Umami Red, Reimyo CDP777, EarYoshino 912, Ear Yoshino 509s, JBLK2 SL5800s, ART Dram interconnects / speaker cables.

I'm Stuart.

I've got the NG version as well, which I thought was the latest incarnation.
    Mines not for sale as its so good at what it does.
    It can help turn a nice sounding cartridge into an absolute gem and has done so on a few occasions when demoing turntables.
    I suspect the NG is what the OP means by the Mk 2 version.

I'm Mike.

The original Dr Feickert (which I have) is a heavy white disc (record) with location holes and engraving for null points etc. The gantry is, a.f.a.I can see, the same as the NG, but in silver in my case. I believe they were more expensive when they came out than the £150 for the NG, but the original does reflect that extra cost.

I'm Gordon.

Interesting information there from Stuart and Mike and despite being involved in using TTs for so long I can't recall ever seeing the original version mentioned above, and certainly never for sale!!

I also have to agree with Stuart insofar as these things are really good at doing what they are designed for and may be considered to be excellent value for money when compared to numerous more expensive alignment protractors.
    Technics SL1000R, DynavectorXV1t, Garrard 401, Jelco SA750LB, Decca Reference, ATVM750SH, AT33Mono, Hana Umami Red, Reimyo CDP777, EarYoshino 912, Ear Yoshino 509s, JBLK2 SL5800s, ART Dram interconnects / speaker cables.

I'm Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by WullieD20 View Post
    Is there such a thing as the MkI? Can't find any evidence of one anywhere (?) and despite it currently being sold as the MKII, I have one and there's not a mention of it's "Mk" anywhere - on the box, in the associated literature, or on the unit...... Interesting?
    I have the original Feickert - large white LP with alignment markings and a large alloy gantry. When I have a moment, I'll take a photo.
    R2R: Studer A820 1/2 inch 2 track; Otari MTR-12 1/4 inch 2 track; Sony APR 5003; Sony APR 5002; Studer A807/II. Vinyl: Platine Verdier Allaerts MC1B/Schroeder Reference & Model 2 Decca C4E/Hadcock 228 TRON Seven Reference phono. Keith Monks MkII RCM Other analogue source: Nakamichi Dragon with ANT4066 mods. Amplification: TRON Meteor preamp TRON Voyager 20B SET power. Speakers: Avantgarde Duo. Digital: computing at last with Prism Sound Lyra 2 A2D converter

I'm Charlie.

Just posted information and pictures about the original Mark 1 Feickert in the analogue section of the Forum
    R2R: Studer A820 1/2 inch 2 track; Otari MTR-12 1/4 inch 2 track; Sony APR 5003; Sony APR 5002; Studer A807/II. Vinyl: Platine Verdier Allaerts MC1B/Schroeder Reference & Model 2 Decca C4E/Hadcock 228 TRON Seven Reference phono. Keith Monks MkII RCM Other analogue source: Nakamichi Dragon with ANT4066 mods. Amplification: TRON Meteor preamp TRON Voyager 20B SET power. Speakers: Avantgarde Duo. Digital: computing at last with Prism Sound Lyra 2 A2D converter

I'm Alex.

Pete...?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast