+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy happy happy

I'm Laurie.

Default Happy happy happy

Just got delivery of my new Boenicke w8se, replaced Avalon ideas.
    I’m a very luck, happy man. Ten minute in on radio 6 Neil Young came on. Usually like, but more in admiration than love, thirty second in thought need more volume.
    Not because weak but as sound was so live and full of energy, it demanded attention. Yesssss.
    Let’s hope this love affair lasts, I tend to keep stuff, esp speakers a while, 5 to ten years, these will last.
    Vitus sia025, brinkman Bardot deck and nyquist dac,Boenicke w8se, Melco server, audiovalve sunilda phono, kondo Cables, lots of Stillpoints, Ess rack.

Worldwide 40 million chickens, ducks, and geese die daily for the plate, savage and wasteful.

I'm Laurie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vitus sia025, brinkman Bardot deck and nyquist dac,Boenicke w8se, Melco server, audiovalve sunilda phono, kondo Cables, lots of Stillpoints, Ess rack.

Worldwide 40 million chickens, ducks, and geese die daily for the plate, savage and wasteful.

I'm Adrian.

They look very nice and are reported as one of the finest speakers at their price so they should sound pretty awesome. Happy listening Laurie.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Grant.

have these got a side bass driver?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

Love it when a plan comes together. You have some cracking kit there Laurie.

Looks like the speakers fit in well regarding performance level and aesthetics alike. Always surprised at the quality of broadcasts, they can best your own media on occasion.
    System 1: - Amp - Musical Paradise MP-701 mk2 - Neurochrome 686
    - Source: Audio Technica LP-5 - Custom 6V6 stage - Novafidelity X30 - Soekris 1421 (LPSU) - Custom TDA1541 C3G DAC -
    - Speakers: Martin Logan Prodigy's - Subs: - REL T3's -

System 2 - Amp: Musical Paradise MP 303/Custom 300B SET - Custom 6SL7 Pre -
    - Source: Pioneer N-30K - SONCOZ SGD1 -
    - Speakers: Loth X BS1's - Sub: REL T3 -

I'm Rob.

Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Laurie.

They look like toys compared to the Avalon’s , and they look small compared to merlins.
    I’ve heard the W 5se several times so I knew the house sound, saw these online at a good price, came with very good trade in came at just right time.
    Side firing bass 6in driver pointed out at moment, mine are not brand new, but made this year, not sure of hours done but have read take time to settle In, at least 3\4 days.
    Even fresh they torch Avalon’s, they do all things that frustrated me with ideas .
    Avalon’s image between and behind the speakers with guitar and bassist at Foot of speaker base, singer is 3ft behind in a strange horseshoe way. Doesn’t reach out and envelope, it’s frustrating. Also tonality has blossomed, instruments sound rounded and rich. Ideas were dry and controlled, you admired but didn’t love. Now my vitus sia 025 can sing, it sounded aneamic and sterile, been driving me nuts for 3 years.
    I was also using Entreq mains and hfc cables which were not ideal and strangled potential. Now kondo on mains, and until can afford the kondo signal wires to match, dnm on signal and speakers, the dnm cables are awesome for the money, real overachievers. Total loom of dnm cheaper than a single oyaide schuko plug I fitted to kondo avocados. I’m fussy and dnm never fail to make music.
    Just going to give elite audio a call to say wow and get advice on use and run in. They have been charming and helpful at each stage.
    If they sound this good after system cold for a month things are going to get scary good.

I'm David.

Pleased you're enjoying the W8se's.

I'm Laurie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Laurie.

Pics to show scale, that’s a 2litre bottle prob 14in high.
    Side view of bass driver, and rear view of ‘ambient’ tweeter.
    Build is awesome, just liked you imagine a solid walnut cabinet,should look.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast