+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to the Site

I'm Mike.

Unhappy New to the Site

Hi
    I'm new to this site but have been active on PFM and the 'Wam for quite a while now. Due to open plan living my system is based around headphones and currently consists of various high end headphones and digital and analogue sources. Musical tastes range from 60's west coast sike, 70's roots reggae and (mainly now) modern jazz. I'm retired and spent my working life very enjoyably in the Music Business. Unfortunately I've had the HiFi bug now for over 40 years and I still find ways of buying kit that I may not really need
    Last edited by mikechadwick; 26-06-2020 at 09:04.

I'm Rob.

Hi Mike and welcome along to the forum. I too am on Wigwam, although visit only rarely now. When you say you are into modern jazz which type in particular? In the 70s I was into Jazz-Funk and Fusion, then onto Acid-Jazz and now I lean more towards the ECM stable.Really I like anything with a Jazzy tinge, which can incorporate electronica, disco etc. I think the term for some of it is Norjazz.

Tell us what kit you have. We all have stuff that don't really need!
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Josie.

Hi Mike.

A warm welcome to AOS.

It would be great to see what kit you use. The gallery is always open

Enjoy
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Mike.

We have all accumulated gear we don't really need - but it's all part of our audio journey.

I love jazz from all periods: a little 'trad jazz'; some bebop, some avant-guard and like you, these days I tend to veer towards stuff on the ECM label. In fact the only jazz I dislike is 'big-band' jazz.

BTW what is "60s west coast sike"?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Ray.

I'm new to this site as well, also on WAM. I like some Jazz, mostly 50s, bebop but some more modern stuff, such as ECM, not really into big band but have just been playing some Duke Ellington.

"60's west coast sike" is that players like Art Pepper, Chet Baker, Brubeck and Shelley Manne?

I'm Richard.

Welcome to the site.

K

+ Reply to Thread