+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Phast (Phase Style) integrated valve amp - 1 of only 5 made

I'm Robert.

Default Phast (Phase Style) integrated valve amp - 1 of only 5 made

Phast (Phase Style) integrated valve amp - 1 of only 5 made

Extremely rare and likely the only 1 in the U.K. Only 5 were made by Phast.

15w integrated using an obscure tube. Output tubes are 6c19p which is from the 6C33C family, so the amplifier sounds similar to such varieties. Dynamic! Strong bass! Crystal clear highs!

I have bias instructions that I will print off to go with the amp. Owner at Phast is very responsive and give good service.

Being so rare, you will not find any information on the internet.

The Phast website: http://en.phast.com.ua/

I’ve owned the amp for a few months having imported it from Poland. Phast or Phase Style is from Ukraine.

Since buying the amp I have replaced the output tubes to new matched pairs. Mains fuse is now a Synergistic Research Red and the protection fuses are Wilbrand from Germany.

The amp is built to a very high spec as you will see in the photo. Coupling capacitors are Jantzen Silver Gold and Jensen Copper Oil. Resistors where they matter are Takman. Two sets of RCA inputs are CMC.

Amp responds well to preamp tube rolling. Selling the amp with the pre and driver tubes it came with. Preamp tubes are EI Yugoslavian 12AX7’s made on Telefunken tooling. Driver tubes are Brimar 6060 (12AT7 - the non-Yellow T variety).

Amp is incredible sounding! Only selling as another amp I’ve been after for years has come up so I can’t pass it buy. Wish I had the funds to keep both.

Output is 15w per channel
    Output taps are 6 ohm for universal use of either 4 or 8 ohm loads

Bad bits:
    Volume remote control works, but so will every other remote in the house work it too! Phast fixed this issue with later products - an oversight on their part.

No box or manual. So collection please. I’ll post if no other option.

Amp is beautiful to look at with its wood and chrome finish. It has a small footprint as well.

At night is is a delight to see as the output tube’s heating elements run the length of the glass so gives a big red glow.

£800 collected

I'm Robert.

A few more images.

I’ll be buying packaging next week so will be able to post safely.

Amp is small: 365mm wide x 180mm high x 270mm deep with posts and volume knob.

I'm Robert.

A few more pics. Open to close offers.

I'm Robert.

Sold

+ Reply to Thread