+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Phono stages with headphone output.

I'm Steve.

Default Phono stages with headphone output.

Can anyone suggest a half decent inexpensive Phono stage with headphone output? It is just to use with an old vintage turntable for late night/early morning listening. Ta.

I'm Alan.

I can't say I have ever seen a phono stage with headphone output.

For a very inexpensive headphone amp I use one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEPY-Hi-F...kAAOSwzINe1OIM

It can drive speakers via the class D amp output but the headphone output is a linear amplifier and disables the class D when headphones are plugged in.

I'm Kevin.

I was looking for the same thing a while ago. The Clearaudio Nano phono stage has a headphone out but was more than I wanted to pay. In the end I bought an old Sony receiver. The Mofi ultraphono also has headphone out but is even more expensive

I'm Geoff.

Bellari VP129 or VP130. Sensibly priced, good sounding, tiny MM valve phono stage with headphone output. (wouldn't mind trying another actually )

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm richard.

You could look at the Lounge Audio LCR Gold. It has a headphone socket and volume control. Not cheap and it's sold in the USA.

I'm Phil.

The Cambridge Audio Alva Duo has a headphone stage with volume control, also does MM and MC

+ Reply to Thread