+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Speaker stands

I'm Ray.

Default Speaker stands

I'm considering changing my speaker stands from Fisual Dynami to Custom Design RS300s, mainly because of the colour (black) to mercury and height (lower) but also I want spikes on the floor.

Does anyone have experience with Custom Design?

Is it worth getting the acoustic top plates for £10 extra.

I will be trying Vibrapods under the speakers.

What are members on here using?

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
    I'm considering changing my speaker stands from Fisual Dynami to Custom Design RS300s, mainly because of the colour (black) to mercury and height (lower) but also I want spikes on the floor.

Does anyone have experience with Custom Design?

Is it worth getting the acoustic top plates for £10 extra.

I will be trying Vibrapods under the speakers.

What are members on here using?
    One of our regular contributors has a variety of "speaker isolation" experiments in the pipeline, which may turn the "spikes" approach on its head. I'll give you a heads-up when this happens
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    One of our regular contributors has a variety of "speaker isolation" experiments in the pipeline, which may turn the "spikes" approach on its head. I'll give you a heads-up when this happens
    Thanks. The spikes on the floor, which is concrete, is more for leveling and stability than anything. My current ones are just on the carpet which is not the best solution. Means they are not very level as floor is a bit uneven. Probably not the best for sound either. I do have spikes available on my stands but they are too flat to go through the carpet and almost impossible to level, hence the speakers are a bit wobbly.

+ Reply to Thread