+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally ventured across the border

I'm Mike.

Cheers John

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Rich.

Having spent the last 3 evenings with my Evo 100 playing everything from Jazz, 70s Rock to chugging dance music I'm super pleased with mine and I've maybe only put aboutb12 hours on it so far.

Unusually for her, Mrs B even complemented how it looks. Won't be trying any tube rolling with it for a while but certainly interested in trying kt120 at some point.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Mike.

Pleased you like it Rich, I don’t think I’ll be doing much rolling either as my beast has 8 power valves so it will work out expensive, tbh I’m very happy with the stock EL34’s, I have plenty of power at 70wpc so it’s not like I need any more, it drives the very efficient Kralks with no fuss, bass is deep and tight and the EL34’s are noted for being exceptional in the mid and top end so on paper there really isn’t any good reason for me to look for something else.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    Having spent the last 3 evenings with my Evo 100 playing everything from Jazz, 70s Rock to chugging dance music I'm super pleased with mine and I've maybe only put aboutb12 hours on it so far.
    Mine just got better and better up until i hit about 100hrs of playback, are you still running the Rega speakers mate?

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

I can vouch for KT120's Rich, as i have been using them in my own amps for around 7 years now, infact i much prefer them to the KT150's [dont tell Marco though ] as they have more air about them, and hence not as restrained, don't get me wrong, Both are very good new comers to the Valve audio world, i just find that the KT120's do more right than wrong in my system. Good luck with the amp, and if your liking what it does, don't be in too much of a hurry to change anything!

Unusually for her, Mrs B even complemented how it looks. Won't be trying any tube rolling with it for a while but certainly interested in trying kt120 at some point.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    I can vouch for KT120's Rich, as i have been using them in my own amps for around 7 years now, infact i much prefer them to the KT150's [dont tell Marco though ] as they have more air about them, and hence not as restrained, don't get me wrong, Both are very good new comers to the Valve audio world, i just find that the KT120's do more right than wrong in my system. Good luck with the amp, and if your liking what it does, don't be in too much of a hurry to change anything!
    Great advice. I know these stock tubes have yet to reveal themselves and I'm certainly enjoying how it sounds already but great to know there's options when the urge for faffing about strikes as it invariably does.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    Mine just got better and better up until i hit about 100hrs of playback, are you still running the Rega speakers mate?
    I am. And they respond so well to tubes. We established this at previous NEBOs where I tried them with both Ali's 300b monos and John's primaluna integrated.

I'm Mike.

The two middle 12AU7 valves at the front are worth rolling if you fancy a change in sound. Then just save up for KT150s lol

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Oooooh, that is a thing of beauty indeed! I love the arrangement of the valves; it has a warm and cosy look to it. And by the sounds of it, it’s doing the right thing for the music.

Excellent!

I'm Mike.

I am. And they respond so well to tubes. We established this at previous NEBOs where I tried them with both Ali's 300b monos and John's primaluna integrated.
    They are nice speakers mate, tube amps do tend to favour higher efficiency speakers, from what i've read here and on other forums bass seems to be the issue with lower efficiency speakers and folks tend to bi amp using tubes for the mid and highs and a big class A or D solid state for bass duties.

What do you reckon to the remote? a real weapon in the wrong hands you'll need to remember not to piss your missus off or you might find yourself in A&E

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast