+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Theta tlc....what does it do exactly...?

I'm Dee.

Default Theta tlc....what does it do exactly...?

In one of my previous posts when I was upgrading my dac ,it was suggested that I get a Theta TLC to further enhance the upgrade.Curious as to what it actually does and how.
    Thanks Dee

I'm Geoff.

Brief description here: https://www.absolutesounds.com/produ...?productid=237

It's an effective product, I have one. However, the Monarchy Audio DIP is even more beneficial. You can use both at the same time, that works well.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dee.

Hi Geoff,
    thanks for the insight.
    Is there a point where something like the Theta Tlc is made redundant because the original dac is just
    simply superior.The Theta is older technology and therefore does it hold its own against the spate of
    cost effective dacs in the say sub £500 price range.Or will it always make an improvement..?
    Thanks Dee

I'm Geoff.

I can't say for sure, but it's probably worth a try. My DACs are older, but the TLC has worked well with all of them.

The TLC is usually cheap enough and can always be sold on without significant loss if you tried one and weren't convinced.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dee.

Hi Geoff ...do you know the differences between the models of DIPs....I can see The Classic 44.1khz and then there’s the
    24/96...are these sampling rates..
    Cheers Dee

I'm Martin.

Yes they are.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dee.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Yes they are.
    I’m beyond being a novice when it comes to the technical aspect of cd reproduction.....so if my questions
    show my lack of even the fundamental grasp of the subject bear with me.
    If the red book sample rate is 44.1khz where is the benefit of having the capability to sample a range of 24/96 kHz . I don’t stream (WiFi) and my Bluetooth requirements are solved by a little Esynic puck.

+ Reply to Thread