+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WTD: Vintage Integrated Amplifier

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Opti-cal View Post
    Aaarrrhh sorry buddy that was me I think! I'd had my eye on one for a while as I want to convert one to use the pre-amp section as it has balance and tone controls.

It was between that and a PM7200 but I chanced on this.

Didn't think it would be on the radar as its in Belgium!

Looks even worse as I've recommended you a different one above, I saw the Sony and remembered about your wanted thread so my intentions were good!

Again, apologies!

Any reason you didn't buy it sooner by the way?
    It’s no problem honestly, my fault for not buying it sooner.

I messaged the guy a couple of days back to ask about the comments on his listing about the ‘spitting’ on the Balance control.

He said he was having his technician friend look into and he’d come back and tell me for sure what the problem was.

When I messaged him again earlier to see if he found out he then said it had sold.

As I say it’s really no bother and appreciate you suggesting the Sony but I don’t think that’s for me thanks.

Best of luck with the Marantz, hope it’s as good as they say it is.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeman1973 View Post
    It’s no problem honestly, my fault for not buying it sooner.

I messaged the guy a couple of days back to ask about the comments on his listing about the ‘spitting’ on the Balance control.

He said he was having his technician friend look into and he’d come back and tell me for sure what the problem was.

When I messaged him again earlier to see if he found out he then said it had sold.

As I say it’s really no bother and appreciate you suggesting the Sony but I don’t think that’s for me thanks.

Best of luck with the Marantz, hope it’s as good as they say it is.
    That's nice of you to say mate, me too. I couldn't let it hang around at that price for much longer to be fair!

Sansui sounds like a great bet too, sounds like you really can't miss with a lot of these vintage Japanese amps.

I saw a few of them on the bay, some with blue led's which looked very smart. I think the Sansui AU's are actually better looking than the Marantz.

I'd also been looking at a PM4 but a bit out of budget.

Good luck anyway, looking forward to reading any impressions and I'll do a write up at some point too.

Cheers.
    System 1: - Amp - Musical Paradise MP-701 mk2 - Neurochrome 686
    - Source: Audio Technica LP-5 - Custom 6V6 stage - Novafidelity X30 - Soekris 1421 (LPSU) - Custom TDA1541 C3G DAC -
    - Speakers: Martin Logan Prodigy's - Subs: - REL T3's -

System 2 - Amp: Musical Paradise MP 303/Custom 300B SET - Custom 6SL7 Pre -
    - Source: Pioneer N-30K - SONCOZ SGD1 -
    - Speakers: Loth X BS1's - Sub: REL T3 -

I'm Russell.

Now sorted thanks.

I'm jagtar.

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewithnodrive View Post
    I've also owned a Sony TA5650 VFET amp and the power section, particularly, is absolutely astonishing.

I now own a Denon PMA-850 and don't know of a modern day amp , at a remotely affordable price, that comes anywhere near it.

Top end vintage stuff is amazing vfm.
    I have owned the Sony TA-5650, TA-F7 VFET amps and they were splendid sounding plus built like tanks. The other amps I had were the Danon PMA-850 MK2, Trio 600 Supreme as well as matching tuners and still have a Trio KA-907 monster integrated amp with KT-917 FM Tuner and I think some these vintage beauties can give most modern equipment a good run. What makes these vintage amps and tuners IMHO is the sheer build quality, attention to detail and internal layout. Try Tandberg amps/receivers as they are rather good too.

I'm Martyn.

Not the same power level as some mentioned, but the Sony TA1010 is a lovely vintage amplifier.
    Beautifully built and sounds excellent.

I sold mine to buy a Rotel 610, with trendy slider controls.
    Bad move...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123