+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted: Schiit Freya +

I'm John.

Default Wanted: Schiit Freya +

Supply of new Schiit products into Europe is currently restricted and so I wondered if anyone might have one of these they wish to move on?

I'm Ken.

It's not just Europe.
    I was looking for a used one, for the same reason, I gave up and ordered a new one from the States. Rare beasts used, folks that have them, tend to hang on to them.
    USA production was supposed to be available 17/06/20 but has now been pushed to 17/07/20, parts availability is what they cited in their e-mail.
    They had no estimate of availability for the UK distributor.
    Previously, when I had enquired at the UK distributor by phone, he laughed out loud and said they hadn't seen one for 6 months and that was well over a month ago.
    You can order UK Voltage and plug on the US site.
    I paid with plastic 5 weeks ago, they have been very good and said they won't draw funds until the product is available.
    If you do go this route choose Fedex for delivery, I am still waiting for a USPS parcel from California, a 6 day service which is 2 months overdue!

I'm John.

Thanks Ken.
    I have had a look at the american site and note that it is possible to buy in UK spec and get one imported. Thank you for advising about the use of Fedex based on your experience with USPS.
    I do wonder just how long it might be before they have cleared their back orders and are in a position to start shipping to Europe. I am guessing that by the time you've added shipping and import duty it might work out more expensive than buying in the UK but will probably result in receiving one much more quickly.
    All a little frustrating but I do hope you enjoy yours when it finally arrives.
    Thanks for the information.
    John

I'm Ken.

Hi John
    It could be next year before they reach the UK in my opinion.
    Schiit make more profit selling direct through their US website, as the RRP is achieved without a middle man distributor, so supplying that site and the home market is going to be their priority. Because they have been unavailable for some time, I expect all stock will be taken there, as soon as it shows. This is why I ordered in advance, to try and get a place at the front of the cue. I am presuming they will fill advanced orders before moving on to new orders.
    It is more expensive doing it this way, but there is no other option available, its a damn good product and a bargain even at the higher price.

I think there is more to it than parts availability. Maybe a supplier of a key component has gone out of business and they are struggling to re source it, who knows, maybe some redesign is necessary. The lack of supply goes back well before Covid was known about. That's my gut feeling anyway.

I hope you manage to find one, one way or another.

+ Reply to Thread