+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My latest update - KEF LS50s

I'm Dan.

Default My latest update - KEF LS50s

Just running them in; they only arrived yesterday afternoon but have been on non-stop, even overnight just to get them loosened up

I've got them with my NAD C325BEE integrated and it's running them with no issues at all; plays them loud (as loud as I'll push new speakers) with ease. My C375BEE is boxed and ready to send back to the guy said he fixed it and hasn't (my fault as I damaged the power connection being cack-handed); it's still loose and not connecting proplerly, so he's going to sort it once and for all and fit an all new connection (he's a pals Dad who's an electrical engineer etc)

I owned the KEFs when they first came out and always loved them, I wanted to get back to standmount speakers in my office as it's only 12x10ft and the Fyne Audio floorstanders, as excellent as they are, were just a bit too big and too much low end at times, more so partnered with the NAD!

I did seriously consider the Neat Iota Alpha's and some Motive 2s again, but decided to stick with the KEFs and they do look superb black on black
    Bigger than you...

My Office : 2021 M1 MacBook Air > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via iTunes & internet > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > SMSL SA50 integrated > AE109 speakers - QED cables

I'm Peter.

Glad to see that you are enjoying your good looking new purchase, hopefully they will suit your room better than the floor standers

Good luck with the repair job!
    TT: Pro-ject 1.2, Ortofon Blue
    Phono stage: Muffsy
    Cd: Linn Karik
    Dac: Denafrips Ares II
    Amps: Pre: EleKit TU-8500, Power: Cambridge Audio Azur 651W
    Speakers: Chario Hiper Tower 2000
    Cables: Linn, Straight Wire & Chord Clearways
    Headphones:PC, Ifi Zen Air, Sennheiser HD450 & HD569

+ Reply to Thread