Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
Harry is usually laid down to my right in his big soft cordouroy bed which acts as a perfect acoustic reflection dampening object. The vinyl collection is becoming a little out of hand I must admit, there is a 8*4 Kallax in the spare room/office which only has about 3.5 bays free. I really need to do some serious thinning out of the collection, I have looked at it several times and tried to create a list of those I would not miss, or may never play again, but that is as far as it gets, because I just think well I would quite like to listen to them again at some point.

I know which I play the most often as I have them all catalogued in Collectorz.com - Music Collector database, and each time I play a record I increment a counter for it.I know, OCD is taking me over. But it means I know which I have only listened to once, so I suppose I could just ditch all those, if I could bring myself to it.

I think I am becoming like some of the people in this book.

Like Baz Luhrmann said about your knees, "you'll miss them when they're gone". More records than you can play is not a bad problem to have, and not nearly as dodgy as collecting say, toenail clippings or human ears