The Japanese marketing guys chose a rather unfortunate name for this product fo.q . However fantastic product for resonance and vibration control its an adhesive backed tape available in 0.3, 1.0 and 2.0 mm thickness. Ive only used the first 2 , you get 2 sheets in a pack 10 cm by 15 cm. one of the sheets is scored into various widths the other is not.

The thinner format can be wrapped around cables and even capacitors. The thicker formats have more ooomph but the surfaces need to be flat or near as dam it.

This stuff has almost limitless uses and can be used liberally in most places but needs caution in some of the more advanced uses as its conductive. The adhesive offers good grip but can easily be removed and repositioned if needs be. Its impregnated with piezoelectric minerals that convert vibrational energy into infra red (heat), i think they use tourmaline but it could have other minerals.

Ive had 1 pack of each of the 0.3 and 1mm applied in my system and I’ve re-ordered another 2 packs. Only really available from Japanese ebayers the prices have recently risen from about £33 a pack to nearer £40 this could be higher shipping charges and a stronger Yen.

Some of the recommended uses:

On equipment chassis and feet especially around IEC inlets
On and around plug backs and sockets
Speaker cabinets, stands and speaker driver chassis. As a gasket for drivers.
Thin strip on the bottom of tone arms and headshells
Underside of CD and DVD trays
Around cabling all types, diy cable lifters
On capacitors, transformers, chokes and pcbs (with extreme care and at risk of voiding warranties)
Switches, knobs, buttons and selectors
Back of TV panels
Windows, fish tanks and other glass surfaces.

Further info can be found on other hifi fora and a blog from a us retailer called Lotus hifi.

What are the effects ? Better soundstage and imaging primarily but also improved resolution and bass.

I think its excellent value (its like poors mans Furutech NCF) but use with care .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk