+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nearfield listening with full range floorstanders - bad idea?

I'm Dennis.

When you say both drivers, do you mean both woofers or woofers and tweeters?

I'm surprised because if thee woofers are Eton, as are mine, they seem to be well made, although expensive.
    Did you have them serviced at the Bournemouth centre?

I agree about the tweeters, very pure, and I suppose the even later ones than mine even better, and personally I rate them way above domes.

This afternoon I played Steamhammer, a late 60s blues album which I had always thought had badly distorted vocals on it, even on BBC monitors in the early seventies, and a fellow engineer said that his brother recorded it in his studio, and that the vocals were distorted. But the sibilants were extremely good, and I heard parts never heard before, and with a very markedly better dynamic range on lead guitar.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    When you say both drivers, do you mean both woofers or woofers and tweeters?

I'm surprised because if thee woofers are Eton, as are mine, they seem to be well made, although expensive.
    Did you have them serviced at the Bournemouth centre?

I agree about the tweeters, very pure, and I suppose the even later ones than mine even better, and personally I rate them way above domes.

This afternoon I played Steamhammer, a late 60s blues album which I had always thought had badly distorted vocals on it, even on BBC monitors in the early seventies, and a fellow engineer said that his brother recorded it in his studio, and that the vocals were distorted. But the sibilants were extremely good, and I heard parts never heard before, and with a very markedly better dynamic range on lead guitar.
    I'm talking about the bass/mid bass driver in the Adam A7's not anything in my Tannoys.

Its a proprietry unit of some kind that I assume is matched to the internal amp or vice versa. They where a bugger to source correctly from Germany.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Home built PC driving Adam Audio 7 Active Monitors from Asus Xonar Essence STX.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123