+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Balance your platter

I'm Ian.

Default Balance your platter

This topic has come to the fore in a post in the techiepedia section relating to platter ringing on a technics1200.
    The solution to this ideally requires the platter balance to be checked.

It is of course a subject that covers all platters and Im wondering if anyone has done any DIY measurements of platter dynamic balance.

my brief look on the net threw up https://apps.apple.com/us/app/vibrat...is/id817385888

Any help would be appreciated
    Ian
    Technics 1200 tweaked,Ianmac Bearing,DACT DIY Phono Pre, Belcanto CD-2, Engineered Switzerland DIY Renderer, Benchmark DAC2, Hypex NCore, ATC SCM40
    2nd system --Engineered Switzerland DIY streamer, Sony CDP11,Topping D50 DAC, Hypex NCore. Kef 1point2 speakers. Ianmac Filters

I'm jamie.

do we know if they are balanced any way?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Ian.

Im not sure about technics. There are no signs of any balancing weights or holes.
    I replaced the platter danping and tried to balance on completion

I dont know what happens with other TT's and how it is best measured, thus my question.
    Technics 1200 tweaked,Ianmac Bearing,DACT DIY Phono Pre, Belcanto CD-2, Engineered Switzerland DIY Renderer, Benchmark DAC2, Hypex NCore, ATC SCM40
    2nd system --Engineered Switzerland DIY streamer, Sony CDP11,Topping D50 DAC, Hypex NCore. Kef 1point2 speakers. Ianmac Filters

+ Reply to Thread