+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Merlin vsm mm & master bam with rel sub.

I'm Tony.

Over the years I have owned many pairs of these great speakers, these are capable of delivering a quality sound great in the flesh to.

IIRC these were around £8K in the day, fond memories of a quality left field speaker.
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Laurie.

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    In rather cool mid nite blue gloss finish. Supplying with 4m of Cardas quadlink bi wire cable, it’s what Merlin strongly recommend , it what’s used inside.
    Some minor marks to paint but not really noticeable.
    Has the optional and very expensive [$4k] master bam module. Sound is crystal clear, like small monitors or electro statics, treble is spectacular. In some ways destroys my little Avalon’s, esp on vocals, but not enuf bass for Metallica. So selling both.
    Midst of major changes so has to go £2000 Ono.
    I have a rel stentor 3 in black ash, will supply with merlins free if wanted, if you have room the combo sings.
    Don’t like dwelling so bargain for someone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vitus sia025, brinkman Bardot deck and nyquist dac,Boenicke w8se, Melco server, audiovalve sunilda phono, kondo Cables, lots of Stillpoints, Ess rack.

Worldwide 40 million chickens, ducks, and geese die daily for the plate, savage and wasteful.

I'm Laurie.

Thanks for help, will now be easier in future.
    Mr c thanks for kind words, they are remarkable beasts, their plus points are, oodles of clarity and detail, superb wrap round imaging, tonal truth and extraordinary way with female vocals. They look very cool in flesh, considering age they look very modern, and piano finish, gel coat, is very swish. If wasn’t for fact I’m in process of new love affair with Boenicke they would stay.

I'm Peter.

Lovely looking things indeed..!
    We're it not for the need for other stuff or the divorce that would undoubtedly follow, I'd be interested..!

GLWS
    Pete

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Pete

Micro Seiki DD40/MA505/Denon DL304
    Musical Fidelity MX-VYNL
    Musical Fidelity X-A200R
    ATC scm11

I'm Laurie.

Bump
    Vitus sia025, brinkman Bardot deck and nyquist dac,Boenicke w8se, Melco server, audiovalve sunilda phono, kondo Cables, lots of Stillpoints, Ess rack.

Worldwide 40 million chickens, ducks, and geese die daily for the plate, savage and wasteful.

I'm matteo.

The speakers that have substituted these must be veeery good 👍

Sent you a pm re the speaker cables.

I'm Laurie.

The replacements are Boenicke w8se, they are a much better all rounder. The merlins prob still have the more explicit treble, detail is superb. The esotar tweeter is worthy of asking price alone, got feeling when they used to be available were ultra expensive $800 ea.
    I am tempted to keep but need cash and I’d have to get another valve amp to hear at best, line magnetic I hear do amazing things with merlins.

I'm matteo.

Merlins have been partnered mostly with OTL valve amps over the years.
    Analog: NAS Spacedeck, diy motor controller, Kuzma 9", AT VM740ML, diy Emerald phono stage/diy ECC83 phono stage; Digital: Synology NAS, cdp Kenwood DP-X9010, volumio rpi streamer, pc and tv into diy DDDAC with Iancanada goodies; Pre: Graaf GM13.5B2; Amp: Graaf GM100; LS: Pawel Acoustics Reference monitors, a couple of Crown MT-2400 amps into diy subs (wip).

I'm Laurie.

I’ve spoken at length with the New York dealer who deals with bobbies affairs, and briefly with bobby before he passed on.
    They both recommended class a power preferably valve , a least 15w from iether se or pp. my vitus was excellent, but a aged pair of Croft’s were spectacular. Otl are good but not obligatory.

I'm Laurie.

Still looking good

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast