+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Merlin vsm mm & master bam with rel sub.

I'm Laurie.

Default Merlin vsm mm & master bam with rel sub.

In rather cool mid nite blue gloss finish. Supplying with 4m of Cardas quadlink bi wire cable, it’s what Merlin strongly recommend , it what’s used inside.
    Some minor marks to paint but not really noticeable.
    Has the optional and very expensive [$4k] master bam module. Sound is crystal clear, like small monitors or electro statics, treble is spectacular. In some ways destroys my little Avalon’s, esp on vocals, but not enuf bass for Metallica. So selling both.
    Midst of major changes so has to go £2000 Ono.
    I have a rel stentor 3 in black ash, will supply with merlins free if wanted, if you have room the combo sings.
    Don’t like dwelling so bargain for someone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Rob.

Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Rob.

No Problem. You may be asked to put up some pictures of the rears of the speakers and some separate pics of the other bits.

I'm Naassan.

No wonder cabinets get scratched and grills get nicks!
    Hopefully drivers are somehow get saved!
    GLWS

Sent from my Active using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

yes a rear view in this case should be provided i think and the stuff on top. also picture quality on that one is pretty poor.. an improved one will be needed.. if you have issues posting them, you can send me them and i will put them in...cheers
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

There is quite a good review of these at https://www.stereophile.com/floorlou...439/index.html, I think it is the same model, and there is an owner review at https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=11417.0, which are always good to read.

These look like they could make a very good upgrade for someone at a very good price.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Laurie.

The merlins have a bit of a following in states, tube lovers, as they say love the merlins, Gary Pavelcek? Owner was a bit of a geek and obsessed over tweaking every inch, in USA the final model [black beauty?] is much sought after due in part to Gary passing away.
    They are superb, the treble and mids are spectacular, the esotar tweeter is a star, [remind me of esl57 on vocals] bass is precise but light so sub helps, most reviews say same. They look very cool in the flesh, the paint is automotive with gel coat mid nite blue, they are tall and heavy as come with ballast pre loaded, about 90lb.
    Come with master bam, a sort of active crossover used to tailor signal for speakers, surprisingly effecatious. I bought two months ago S\h for £500 on own, was 4K new.
    I am upgrading speakers and cables so need to move on stuff I will never use enuf to justify keeping, sub is superb, but way to big for practical use in my small living space, still looks smart considering age, has spikes cables and manual.
    Will take more pics later today and then ask for assistance , ta Loz
    Priced to sell as way too much hifi and small Living space, also there seems to be a mountain of good s\h kit out there so priced accordingly.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    yes a rear view in this case should be provided i think and the stuff on top. also picture quality on that one is pretty poor.. an improved one will be needed.. if you have issues posting them, you can send me them and i will put them in...cheers
    Looks like we're still waiting.

Good full sized pictures, front and rear are mandatory.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Rob.

Grant said he would upload them or I could assist.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    How do you upload via iPad, been trying for hour to upload, I give up.
    If you download Tapatalk app if you do not already have it then open it and register and then you search for The Art of Sound forum and logon, once in you find your thread and post to it when you post if you use the icon on the left(picture symbol) you can then select your photos from your photo library. Hope that helps.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast