+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nothing interesting her, but..

I'm Jon.

Default Nothing interesting her, but..

Nothing particularly interesting, expensive or new here, but i’ll show it anyway..

When i first moved into my cottage in 2017..

Grant, you may well recognize that Thorens, although now it’s now shoved in a cupboard with a SME 3009 on it, and will probably sit there for all eternity.

Fast forward to a few months or so ago..

Ok, so not looking good, in fact a complete fucking rats nest of wires and cables, so..
    With a bit of time on my hands i grabbed a paint brush, replaced the skirting boards, curtains and fenced in the rats nest of wires so the whole lot looks a tad more palatable.
    I still need to make some more trunking to hide the cables and a few other bits, but thats it.
    It sounds good and i’m not chasing anything better as i’m more than happy with it..

Fin

I'm Robert.

Nicely done Jon ! good job
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm sorted.

A40 power amps? Got a pair of those tucked away somewhere, sounded pretty good as I recall, one of them started distorting though. Wasn't sure about getting it mended because of the cases being glued together.

I'm Martin.

I always wanted one of those pin-stripe Meridians.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I always wanted one of those pin-stripe Meridians.
    They're really nice players.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Wasn't sure about getting it mended because of the cases being glued together.
    They do come apart relatively easily if you are careful.

I'm Steve.

Very neat Jon, and I'm glad to see you've got your albums stored properly. I was a bit concerned for them in pic 2 - ask Marco, he knows a thing or two about ring wear
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

That John Player Special clock is pretty cool.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

As is that gadget you got for blowing dust off the needle.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Jon.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    As is that gadget you got for blowing dust off the needle.
    You've lost me there

Oh, and my listening chair, a La-Z-Boy heated, massaging recliner with of course a fridge built into the arm rest (excuse the dust)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast