+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted pair of Jordan JX 125 drivers

I'm Geoff.

Default Wanted pair of Jordan JX 125 drivers

I bought a pair of Electrofluidics Loudspeakers 2 years ago that had been fried whilst changing cables with the amp on. I have now finally replaced the Jordan JXr 6HD after finding them on a popular auction site, but now I need to replace the JX 125 woofers as the ones in their actually work but the cones are damaged and "buzz" when pushed. You can see the damage on the picture (hopefully there is a picture).

The speakers sound fantastic and I would love to restore them back to how they originally were. For those that don't know, the speakers are made of a composite material and weigh an ridiculous amount.

Thanks for looking and really hope someone can help.

Geoff

I'm Ian.

Hi Geoff, no picture visible. I mentioned your problem to Colin at EJ Jordan and although he has no Jx125 woofers in stock he does have spare cones and knows a company who might be able to repair them. If you contact Colin he'll give you more information. I was actually chasing those JXr 6HD drivers to go with a pair of Jx150 woofers I'd acquired but they went too high for me Hope you get your drivers fixed.

Ian

I'm Geoff.

Thank you Ian.
    Do you have a contact email for Colin please or could you point me in the right direction to look. I did email Wembleyloudspeaker.com but never got a reply.

Many thanks
    Geoff

I'm Geoff.

It's strange that you don't see a picture because I do, a big one. If you google Elecrofluidics loudspeakers and look at images, my speakers should be the first image on a Picclick page I think. Sorry about out bidding you but these were the second ones I have tried to buy and had to go large.

Geoff

I'm Ian.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Ian, just a quick update. I messaged Colin @ EJ Jordan. He may have spare cones but has to travel some distance to his warehouse which because of lockdown may be 2 weeks away.

He also put me onto Mike @ Londonsound.org who may be able to help fitting of said cones. I have sent him a message explaining.

He also told me that the JX6HD are the wrong speakers for the Electrofluidics, they should be JX53. Even rarer. A change to the crossover will be needed for now.

Anyway, thanks for helping me get the ball rolling. Colin did say the Electrofluidics were very high end speakers in their day and are well worth restoring.

Geoff

I'm Ian.

That's good news, hope all works out well for you and I look forward to reading about your restoration.

I'm Anthony.

Hi Geoff, I just bought a new set of JX125's from EAD in Sweden. They were from a recalled batch so they have a slightly different rim and better glue which was an issue on my previous one. They came in Jordan boxes and look exactly like the old ones. They were very inexpensive at about 70.00 Canadian each although shipping was about the same. Mine just arrived yesterday and when I ordered mine they had about 200 left. I will try to put a link here but if it does not show up just google eadsweden .com and look for the shop. https://cdn.abicart.com/shop/17596/a...pdated_rim.pdf

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt View Post
    Hi Geoff, I just bought a new set of JX125's from EAD in Sweden. They were from a recalled batch so they have a slightly different rim and better glue which was an issue on my previous one. They came in Jordan boxes and look exactly like the old ones. They were very inexpensive at about 70.00 Canadian each although shipping was about the same. Mine just arrived yesterday and when I ordered mine they had about 200 left. I will try to put a link here but if it does not show up just google eadsweden .com and look for the shop. https://cdn.abicart.com/shop/17596/a...pdated_rim.pdf
    Thank you for taking the time to reply.
    I had seen these when I first bought the Electrofluidics Loudspeakers and started to research replacing the drivers. These are not identical physically, something like 14mm wider, and as the drivers sit in a recess it would mean have to ream out the concrete/resin which could possibly be done by someone with a bit more skill than me.
    The JX125s in my speakers have come apart completely now and hopefully now the pandemic is on the way out, I hope that Colin at EJ Jordan can get to his warehouse to pick up some cones so I can replace mine.

Geoff

+ Reply to Thread