+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belt replacement for td160 super

I'm Dee.

Default Belt replacement for td160 super

I’m looking for a replacement belt for my Td160 Super... does anyone know where I can get genuine Thorens belts... or have experience of items like the Origin Live upgrade belts or Thakker items.

Thanks Dee

I'm Loz.

Morning Dee

Analogue Seduction have originals which in my experience tend to be the best bet. Thakker belts are cheaper and for me have been a OK but can be variable in quality compared, sometimes they wear out quite quickly. I have a Thakker on right now which is doing well and is pretty much spot on speed wise. Never tried an OL belt. Will give that a go next time around. Hope that helps a little.

All the best

Loz

I'm phil.

Used a couple of cheaper belts now got a thorens original on and so much better.
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Christian.

I own a TD160 MKV and the Thakker belts always worked very well for me. Some people report problems when switching speed 33/45 but that can be fixed by carefully cleaning the white drum with isopropanol. It's not related to the belt IMHO (unless worn).

Best,
    Christian

I'm Dee.

Hi Loz, I’ve ordered an Origin Live replacement belt to see if I can notice any improvement over
    the genuine Thorens belt I’m currently using.. will let you know how I get on

I'm Dee.

Hi Christian.. thanks for the heads up Re the belt slip.This was one of the reasons why I thought
    It may be time for a replacement.. not really because of a perceived drop in SQ.Will do as you
    suggest and see what happens .. thanks Dee

I'm Geoff.

When the belts look grubby, I just wash them under the tap with a drop of washing up liquid. Works fine, no magic required .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dee View Post
    Hi Loz, I’ve ordered an Origin Live replacement belt to see if I can notice any improvement over
    the genuine Thorens belt I’m currently using.. will let you know how I get on
    I'd be interested to know how you get on Dee.

I'm eddie.

Contact Dave at https://vinylnirvana.com/

Great guy, has many 160 replacement parts.

I'm Dee.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dee View Post
    Hi Christian.. thanks for the heads up Re the belt slip.This was one of the reasons why I thought
    It may be time for a replacement.. not really because of a perceived drop in SQ.Will do as you
    suggest and see what happens .. thanks Dee
    Hi Christian, did what you suggested, together with Geoff’s little trick with some good old Fairy Liquid and
    voila...no belt slip on speed changeover.
    Thanks guys

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast