+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rca connectors

I'm Norman.

Default rca connectors

Hi. Has anyone used the non solder rca plugs, what is your thoughts.thanks

I'm Ray.

I'm Norman.

Hi. Have used them they do work, more suited to thinner cables.

I'm kenny.

Quote Originally Posted by normmc View Post
    Hi. Have used them they do work, more suited to thinner cables.
    Thank you for the answer!

I'm Geoff.

Is there a reason not to solder? It's easier than fiddling about with small screws.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Is there a reason not to solder? It's easier than fiddling about with small screws.
    Some users do not necessarily have the skill or the equipment to solder, and may not know of anyone to help them.

A tight mechanical connection is better than a poorly made soldered connection. The only problem with screw connections is they can loosen over time, so need to be checked every so often.
    Barry

I'm Norman.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Some users do not necessarily have the skill or the equipment to solder, and may not know of anyone to help them.

A tight mechanical connection is better than a poorly made soldered connection. The only problem with screw connections is they can loosen over time, so need to be checked every so often.
    Hi. Do agree with Barry. have tried soldering, without experience it is diffcult, especially in so small a place to fit four wires. thanks for replys.

I'm Clive.

It is interesting to note that a number of well known makers do not use solder on their RCA, XLR or Speaker cables (Atlas and Audioquest to name but 2) They both use Cold Weld or Crimped to you and I.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

+ Reply to Thread