+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beware - parcel2go

I'm Rohan.

I sent an amplifier recently via UPS directly from their website- I think it ended up cheaper than via an intermediary such as Interparcel!

I can accept the idea of using Hermes (in fact I actually do use them) and other low-end services for items that aren't worth much. But Mike is right- if you have something fragile and expensive, don't go cheap, go for the best you can.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

I dont think any of the couriers cover glass, or items made from glass, including Royal Mail, check the small print!
    But if you send them special delivery, at least your pretty safe in that; they will get to their destination.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Pete.

nearly all will try to prevent you claiming loss or damage .....I was reliably told years ago by a loss adjuster that you don't have to accept there decision. Usually if you fight your corner and threaten small claims court they will fold . The proviso is of course if its an exclusion. There aim is to make you think the decision can't be changed.

I had parcel lost, though more likely stolen by the post master...[I later learned the branch was under investigation for numerous thefts] the value was not huge I had a great deal of difficulty recovering the cost from parcel force who claimed it wasn't there fault as it was never transferred to them from the post office. The effort and time outweight the cost of items lost.

I'm James.

I used one if the above couriers to send some AV gear £150 worth, they lost it but they did pay up on the insurance, 3 weeks later it arrived back to me! I sold it again ont bay, get in
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Gordon.

Interesting thread that sent me looking, having used Hermes on numerous occasions.....

I can't see them prohibiting "glass" or "Valves" specifically. However having scanned through the list I begin to wonder what on earth you CAN actually send with them?

Technics SL1000R, DynavectorXV1t, Garrard 401, Jelco SA750LB, Decca Reference, ATVM750SH, AT33Mono, Hana Umami Red, Reimyo CDP777, EarYoshino 912, Ear Yoshino 509s, JBLK2 SL5800s, ART Dram interconnects / speaker cables.

I'm paul.

The point should be it doesn't matter that's it's glass if it's lost not broken. Also what happens is when something is lost they want proof of value. That shouldn't matter, if they do their job it wouldn't be lost. The value and proof of such shouldn't matter either. Surely if I post a brick and value it at £1000, provided they deliver it they have nothing to worry about. It's not like I have any influence over the delivery provided it's addressed correctly. They are all competing for little money and using any loophole to avoid paying out.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    The point should be it doesn't matter that's it's glass if it's lost not broken. Also what happens is when something is lost they want proof of value. That shouldn't matter, if they do their job it wouldn't be lost. The value and proof of such shouldn't matter either. Surely if I post a brick and value it at £1000, provided they deliver it they have nothing to worry about. It's not like I have any influence over the delivery provided it's addressed correctly. They are all competing for little money and using any loophole to avoid paying out.
    . . . . . .
    Technics SL1000R, DynavectorXV1t, Garrard 401, Jelco SA750LB, Decca Reference, ATVM750SH, AT33Mono, Hana Umami Red, Reimyo CDP777, EarYoshino 912, Ear Yoshino 509s, JBLK2 SL5800s, ART Dram interconnects / speaker cables.

I'm Mike.

I've noticed since lockdown a lot more is going missing and the tracking number is next to useless as most of the time now it only gives you an update once it's been delivered

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    I've noticed since lockdown a lot more is going missing and the tracking number is next to useless as most of the time now it only gives you an update once it's been delivered
    im waiting for an amp that is a week overdue, I contacted the seller who said something about customs not letting it leave the country of origin and now it's on it's way and in the eu and has a new tracking number that surprisingly or not doesn't work.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Scott.

Can’t say I’ve ever had a bad experience with parcel2go.

If I ever did have a problem they always sorted out straight away with their online chat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast