+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Beware - parcel2go

I'm Philip.

Hermes have lost another of my parcels.
    Cordless hedge trimmer returned to amazon via amazon hermrs pickup.

Hermes it seems are definitely to be avoided.
    Though it could just be my local hermes agent.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by philv View Post

Get in touch with Amazon helpline and they’ll sort it for you, I had a similar issue around Xmas time and after a few weeks of Hermes saying it hadn’t been returned I went to the online chat on amazon and the refund was sorted right away, no idea if they ever did get the item back.

I'm Mike.

I’ve been getting quotes from parcel2go and parcelmonkey this week and both flag up a message as you start to type in a prohibited or restricted item, this is new to me and very useful as a prompt to them check the relevant lists.

I'm Philip.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    I’ve been getting quotes from parcel2go and parcelmonkey this week and both flag up a message as you start to type in a prohibited or restricted item, this is new to me and very useful as a prompt to them check the relevant lists.
    I never checked when i sent the valves.
    Can understand and accepted them not covering damage to glass and for that i take full responsibility with my packaging.

But non sensical not to cover some thieving oil from Hermes pinching them, just because they contain glass.

Also, it is a great get out.
    Lots of items have some glass content.

I had another order with parcel2go that i cancelled.
    No refund to date.
    Not impressed.

I'm Paul.

They're admitting they throw parcels around with that policy.

I agree about Royal Mail - they're really good and decent value, sometimes surprisingly so.

I work for UPS and we tend to be on the higher side of the price scale but as a rule we do handle stuff really well.
    I am actually a loader (I work 4-8am, placing packages on vans for the drivers) and have a couple of hifi shops in my "area" (Winchester and Chandlers Ford dealers) and always take extra special care with boxes marked for them. It's a lot of Naim and ProAc gear mostly.
    I would add that anything heavy should be fairly well treated as you can't launch the box into the back of a van, can you ?
    I've seen photos of Hermes vehicles with stuff in a heap in the back like it's been chucked in without the driver ever actually climbing into the van to sort it properly.
    We have shelves and have to place each parcel in a certain section as they're all numbered. We also scan each individual package as we do it.
    There's cameras everywhere on the loading belt so nobody misbehaves .. for long !
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by philv View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    No, it's Hermes full stop. They have lost two parcels of mine recently, so I've stopped using them. There is no way of contacting a human at Hermes, and I challenge anyone to start a dispute process. It's impossible to find a means to raise a claim if they lose your parcel. I now use DPD who are chalk and cheese different.

Yesterday DPD failed to deliver a parcel to Worcester. They had photos etc of the delivery but the recipient claimed they had no knowledge and that wasn't their house. I raised a dispute on their site, and via the chat facility got a number to ring. A person answered the call, got the tracking data for the van on screen, told me that the driver was in the right street at the time of delivery, and said he would raise a dispute for the driver to sort out "but it might be tomorrow". 20 mins later the driver rang me, said he had recovered the parcel from his mistaken delivery and was now at the right address to deliver.

After weeks of tearing my hair out with Hermes, DPD and Royal Mail are the only ones I will use.

I had a similar bad experience with another third party parcel aggregator similar to Parcel2go - Parcelhero. I needed to send a parcel to the Far East, Parcelhero was the cheapest for FedEx. So I booked it, printed off the labels and waited for the Fex Ex guy to collect. He turned up and wouldn't take the parcel because it didn't have an Air Waybill. So back on the ParcelZero, who sent me another set of labels. But, they were just the first set again. They rebooked the Fed Ex collection..Second day the Fed Ex guy comes to collect, same story. He even tried to scan it and his system refused to recognise the label. The Fed Ex guy told me to tell PZero to "book it as an EPD". So I got back on to ParcelZero and asked what they were going to do about the missing waybill. They referred the matter to their "in-house labelling team".

Now an air waybill is freight 101, everyone know how to format a waybill who has done a few shipments. ParcelZero plainly did not know how to book with Fed Ex nor produce the correct documentation. I think the term for selling something you don't possess or cannot provide is fraudulent misrepresentation.

So next time I'm going to try Interparcel - at least they have a phone number that rings and gets answered by a human - I checked.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

I used UPS for years, still do on occasion, however; it all went a bit sour the day they turned up with one of my amps, in its own custom made flight case smashed to bits!
    It had only come to me for a service!
    I remember having a conversation with someone at Fedex years ago now, and apparently anything you send with them [at the time, things may have changed now] has to withstand a metre drop, so that means you could take for instance an amplifier that weigh's around 40 Kilo, in its packaging, and drop it at any angle from around one metre, and expect it to survive!
    Quote Originally Posted by rigger67 View Post
    They're admitting they throw parcels around with that policy.

I agree about Royal Mail - they're really good and decent value, sometimes surprisingly so.

I work for UPS and we tend to be on the higher side of the price scale but as a rule we do handle stuff really well.
    I am actually a loader (I work 4-8am, placing packages on vans for the drivers) and have a couple of hifi shops in my "area" (Winchester and Chandlers Ford dealers) and always take extra special care with boxes marked for them. It's a lot of Naim and ProAc gear mostly.
    I would add that anything heavy should be fairly well treated as you can't launch the box into the back of a van, can you ?
    I've seen photos of Hermes vehicles with stuff in a heap in the back like it's been chucked in without the driver ever actually climbing into the van to sort it properly.
    We have shelves and have to place each parcel in a certain section as they're all numbered. We also scan each individual package as we do it.
    There's cameras everywhere on the loading belt so nobody misbehaves .. for long !
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Grant.

ups are good. r mail special del is good value as well
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345