+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beware - parcel2go

I'm Adam.

Interesting timing. As I have mentioned, I always use UPS through Parcel2go and have done for years without any problems. However, UPS recently suspended their operations for a week to catch up with an order backlog. As a result, I had to pick a different courier to ship an eBay item and chose TNT as they are allegedly better than UPS if you believe the reviews. Well, they failed to deliver it initially as they "couldn't find the address", but then apparently delivered it last week. However, christ knows who the lucky recipient was, as it wasn't my buyer.

Parcel2go actually contacted me initially as the delivery date passed with no confirmation of delivery and so they said they'd be investigating, which was impressive. However, once TNT said they had delivered it they said they considered the matter closed, so I've had to get them to re-open the issue in order to find out where the bloody thing is.

As a result, regardless of how you book it, I would recommend that you avoid TNT at all costs.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Interesting timing. As I have mentioned, I always use UPS through Parcel2go and have done for years without any problems. However, UPS recently suspended their operations for a week to catch up with an order backlog. As a result, I had to pick a different courier to ship an eBay item and chose TNT as they are allegedly better than UPS if you believe the reviews. Well, they failed to deliver it initially as they "couldn't find the address", but then apparently delivered it last week. However, christ knows who the lucky recipient was, as it wasn't my buyer.

Parcel2go actually contacted me initially as the delivery date passed with no confirmation of delivery and so they said they'd be investigating, which was impressive. However, once TNT said they had delivered it they said they considered the matter closed, so I've had to get them to re-open the issue in order to find out where the bloody thing is.

As a result, regardless of how you book it, I would recommend that you avoid TNT at all costs.

Agree with you on TNT, I bought something from America for about 15 dollars which is below the threshold for VAT and customs charges.

TNT rip you off by using the shipping cost+value so you end up having to pay VAT and customs charges!

I'm Lawrence.

In think it was TNT who dropped my Jas Audio floorstanders (both pairs) and crushed the bottom corners, I wasn't a happy camper when I unpacked them.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
    Agree with you on TNT, I bought something from America for about 15 dollars which is below the threshold for VAT and customs charges.

TNT rip you off by using the shipping cost+value so you end up having to pay VAT and customs charges!
    Shipping cost has to be included in the VAT calculation. That's HMRC's not TNT's fault. The carrier doesn't keep any of that money, they are effectively an unpaid tax collector for the government, as is any business that's VAT registered.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Shipping cost has to be included in the VAT calculation. That's HMRC's not TNT's fault. The carrier doesn't keep any of that money, they are effectively an unpaid tax collector for the government, as is any business that's VAT registered.
    Fedex and DPD dont include the shipping cost, having used them quite a few times for usa to uk. Not once did i need to pay any charges.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
    Fedex and DPD dont include the shipping cost, having used them quite a few times for usa to uk. Not once did i need to pay any charges.
    I know FedEx do include the shipping charge in the VAT calcualtion as I work for them. But if it is non-VAT-able item or VAT is already paid as it was bought within the EU then obviously you won't pay VAT (again) on shipping charge.

Or if it is being sent for repair, or restoration, or is an antique, or aircraft parts. There's quite a few exceptions IIRC.

Were the other imports also from USA? Or elsewhere?

Edit If it was sent as a gift and is under (I think) $40 value then it won't get charged. So maybe the others were coded as gifts on the EAWB?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

Here's a screenshot of the way Royal Mail assess the duty and tax.

NOTE: that under £15 they don't add duty or tax, no idea why another company would add duty and tax to an item of only $15 ?

Surely that's set by the UK govt NOT each individual courier.

Royal Mail link:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...T_OxwOvAXhkm15
    Last edited by mikeyb; 25-06-2020 at 08:25.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post

Just as an addendum to this, it turns out that TNT gave up trying to deliver it to the right place and their “successful delivery” was actually to Parcel2Go HQ!

P2G have therefore contacted me to say they’ll be shipping it back to me - not via TNT, thank god.

Absolutely astonishing, especially given that the destination address wasn’t a remote farm in the Scottish Highlands, but a flat in the suburbs of London!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Josie.

heck this out... MyHermes parcels are always the last priority.

https://www.facebook.com/kev.andrews.549/videos/1707772849391580
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Ben.

Herpes are terrible, short video below.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast