+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RCM cleaning solutions - current

I'm Peter.

I just had 5 litres delivered of the Right Stuff from MCRU for £48, which should keep me going for a while, but will definitely make my own up once that’s gone.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by supapeet View Post
    I just had 5 litres delivered of the Right Stuff from MCRU for £48, which should keep me going for a while, but will definitely make my own up once that’s gone.
    Might have a look at that, thanks
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Tim.

I always make 5 litres at a time because my ultrasonic cleaner uses around 5 litres.
    I’ve tried lots of different ratios and different products but I find this mix to be perfect and does the best job of cleaning my vinyl.
    My mix is :
    4.7 lites distilled water
    300ml isopropyl alcohol
    15ml ilford ilfotol
    7ml Triton x-100

I'm Dave.

@Spider

Your Cadenza Blue still making nice noises in those super clean grooves?

I'm richard.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    I have just picked up a new Project RCM at a good price, I was wondering what everyone is using currently as a cleaning solution.
    I know there is a sticky thread of Marco’s, just looking more current experiences and recommendations before I order gallons of distilled water.
    I've tried a few and concluded that if I avoid alcohol based solutions then wash-it is as good as any. It usefully foams (like a detergent) if you use a brush to agitate it. Also it seems to leave the surface to be less hydrophobic than others allowing a rinse to be more effective.....The other product that works well is Groovinator (on Facebook). But that needs a wetting agent to cover the surface without streaking and work well (despite what the zealots on Facebook tell you) but you must be rinse it off as the product owner did fess up to it leaving a residue behind. I do use both products and this combo has given me the best results so far (IMHO & YMMV)

I'm Robin.

At the moment I’ve gone with the pro-ject wash it solution watered down.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Matt.

I also have the Older style ProJect RCM, & have been using it with the ProJect fluid for a few years now with no complaints at all. It does a great job all round. It may be a bit more expensive than a DIY concoction but I only clean maybe 10 LP’s a month, so cost of use is only a minor concern for me.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    I have just picked up a new Project RCM at a good price, I was wondering what everyone is using currently as a cleaning solution.
    I know there is a sticky thread of Marco’s, just looking more current experiences and recommendations before I order gallons of distilled water.
    Hi Robin,

I just remembered my thread when I did various investigations into getting records clean, at the time I was buying quite a few from various charity and 2nd hand shops and some needed serious cleaning. I could not afford a RCM, so made my own in the end, which is effectively and old TT to put the records on which I spin buy hand, a wet/dry vacuum with modified wand with slit and protective velvet ribbon to suck fluid off the records. I found that using new emulsion paint pads extremely effective, and cheap at £1, one cut into 3 pads.

With respect to the cleaning process I and a friend who has a LORICRAFT PRC3 MK2 experimented with different fluids, some very expensive and others cheap as chips, we both agreed that the key to success is being patient and a 3 stage process as explained in the thread. Even following this you may find some records are not clean first time and require several cleans and rinsing with distilled water before moving to the next cleaning fluid.

https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...01#post1044301

I think you posted in this thread and were thinking of getting an RCM at the time.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Hi Robin,

I just remembered my thread when I did various investigations into getting records clean, at the time I was buying quite a few from various charity and 2nd hand shops and some needed serious cleaning. I could not afford a RCM, so made my own in the end, which is effectively and old TT to put the records on which I spin buy hand, a wet/dry vacuum with modified wand with slit and protective velvet ribbon to suck fluid off the records. I found that using new emulsion paint pads extremely effective, and cheap at £1, one cut into 3 pads.

With respect to the cleaning process I and a friend who has a LORICRAFT PRC3 MK2 experimented with different fluids, some very expensive and others cheap as chips, we both agreed that the key to success is being patient and a 3 stage process as explained in the thread. Even following this you may find some records are not clean first time and require several cleans and rinsing with distilled water before moving to the next cleaning fluid.

https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...01#post1044301

I think you posted in this thread and were thinking of getting an RCM at the time.
    Thanks for that Adrian
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Stephen.

Does anyone know what's happening with Loricraft?

I ordered a Loricraft RCM before the coming of the 'Dark times', and I'm still waiting, they're not responding to my eMails, and the dealer is apparently having problem contacting them too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast