+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: RCM cleaning solutions - current

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyj View Post
    Decided to try an ultrasonic. This seems like a good buy from Amazon.[IMG]

Be here tomorrow so i'll have a play and get back to you all.

[/IMG]
    Hi Steve,

I will be very interested in how you find it, I notice they also do a 10 record version, I might be tempted myself depending on how you find it.

Cheers

Adrian
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm John.

The ultrasonic cleaner just arrived. Very well packed in a big double box.

Not used it yet but set it up and I have to say the build quality seems top notch. Instructions are clear and easy to follow and all parts fit perfectly when assembled.

I'll have a good session with it tomorrow as I have the house to myself for most of the day.

So thats a play records louder than normal whilst cleaning a pile of new ones day.....................perfect Saturday.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Home built PC driving Adam Audio 7 Active Monitors from Asus Xonar Essence STX.

I'm John.

OK so tried it today and it works really well. Much quieter than I expected and very easy to operate.

I couldn't do much though as I need some more distilled water to make some more cleaning solution.

Tthats on order from Amazon for tomorrow so I'll have proper session then and report back. Might even do a little vedeo if you like.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyj View Post
    OK so tried it today and it works really well. Much quieter than I expected and very easy to operate.

I couldn't do much though as I need some more distilled water to make some more cleaning solution.

Tthats on order from Amazon for tomorrow so I'll have proper session then and report back. Might even do a little vedeo if you like.
    I would be very interested in how successful you find the cleaning, so say you listen to a record first noting clicks/pops, background noise and then put it through the cleaner and then re-listen and report on any improvements, it would be nice to see a video of it in use. Thanks.

By the way what cleaning solution are you using?
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm John.

I use my own solution .

800ml distilled water
    200ml IPA
    5ml wetting agent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345