+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My system, photos and description

I'm Peter.

Default My system, photos and description

Linn Karik CD player, Project 1.1 with Ortofon blue cartridge. Plinius preamp and Cambridge Azur 651w power amp. A Muffsy phono amp and a music Streamer. Chario Hyper tower speakers. Mainly Straight wire interconnects, Linn interconnect, black, to CD player and Linn speaker cables.

Can't get photos attached
    Last edited by Pete812; 05-06-2020 at 04:28.

I'm brian.

Ah, perhaps we can both learn something then when someone tries to helps you out, lol. Nice system, the pre amp sounds quite a lot more expensive than the power ?

I'm Jim.

Hello Pete,

Host your pics on; Flickr, imgBB, or Postimage.org. Flickr has a little arrow symbol for sharing pics and they give you the code. The other two, it's best to register so you can keep track of them. This is what you should look for in the way of code substitute the squiggles for the Staple like bracket symbols {img}yourpic.jpg{/img} copy straight into your post.

Download Irfan View and all its Plugins excellent free software since 1998, go to File/save for web find your pics and save them as file name_web

Cheers - J

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    Ah, perhaps we can both learn something then when someone tries to helps you out, lol. Nice system, the pre amp sounds quite a lot more expensive than the power ?
    Yes, the system is rather miss-mached in that regard. I bought the power amp second hand to go with an integrated that I was using, then replaced that too with the Plinius which also came up second hand. I keep looking for a power amp but the limited funds at the moment are spread thin so it will have to wait!

I'm Peter.

Thanks for the help Jim,hopefully this works....

I'm Martin.

Good CD player, good pre-amp, good speakers. Don't know the power amp but I've never been a believer in matching kit based on how much it cost. There's a lot of expensive rubbish out there. As long as it is compatible with the pre-amp and can drive the speakers properly what does it matter how much it cost or what badge is on it? I'd guess that all sounds pretty good together?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Yup, if you're happy with what you're using, that's what counts.

(I've always liked the Straight Wire cables, they sound good)
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Peter.

Thanks for the replies, as I said, the power amp has got left behind somewhat but I like the sound of the system at the moment even if it is a bit mismatched
    Would like to upgrade it and possibly the dac too.

I'm Peter.

A new preamp, an EleKit TU-8500 has been assembled and added. on first listen it sounds great, but does need more use

http://www.elekit.co.jp/en/product/TU-8500
    https://wallofsound.ca/audioreviews/...t/#prettyPhoto
    TT: Pro-ject 1.2, Ortofon Blue
    Phono stage: Muffsy
    Cd: Linn Karik
    Dac: Denafrips Ares II
    Amps: Pre: EleKit TU-8500, Power: Cambridge Audio Azur 651W
    Speakers: Chario Hiper Tower 2000
    Cables: Linn, Straight Wire & Chord Clearways
    Headphones:PC, Ifi Zen Air, Sennheiser HD450 & HD569

+ Reply to Thread