+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greetings from the Left Coast of Canada

I'm Kenji.

Default Greetings from the Left Coast of Canada

Hello fellow audio buffs,

My name is Kenji, and I am an out of work orchestral violist (my orchestra was shut down until May 2021, at the very earliest. Yikes). Listening to a lot of music on my Mission 775 turntable, which I recently resuscitated with a Grace G707 tonearm.

My system consists of several turntables (Thorens TD160 with Benz Micro Wood SL, modded Rega Planar 3/RB300 with Ortofon OM20, Dual 1009 with Excel ES70EX4 Shibata, and said Mission 775 with Grace 707 and Victor MC100EB II LOMC), Benz Micro Lukaschek PP-1 T9 MC phonostage for LOMC, and the phonostages of a NAD 3140 for MM, Audio Experience Symphonies Tube Preamp, Conn 7868 PP tube amp, Nikko Alpha II, custom planar/ribbon speakers with Tannoy 8" woofers.

The digital system consists of a Denon DCD 470 CD player, and a Mac Mini for streaming, into a PS Audio Digital Link III DAC.

I listen mostly to 20th century orchestral music - Stravinsky, Bartok, Prokofiev, Shostakovich, Varese, etc - with a good measure of Kinks and other rock and blues and jazz thrown in.

Nice to be here, hope to meet and talk to many of you soon.

I'm Pete.

Hi Kenji
    Welcome to AOS
    Regards
    Pete

I'm Geoff.

Hello Kenji. Welcome to AOS.

There's plenty going on here, so just join in and get to know the members.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Kenji,

Hope you will be able to return to your orchestra sometime soon, but in the meanwhile

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Welcome to AoS, hope you enjoy the forum.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread