+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anything good here

I'm Emmett.

Default Anything good here

This listing came up in my FB marketplace locally. I was wondering if member can spot anything decent amongs't them. They are being offered as a job lot for 100 quid.

I am interested in the large cabinet speakers.. particularly those on the bottom left.

Are there any gems there.. even if they had to be restored.

I'm Jules.

I don't see anything of value in there. Mostly old mass market midi system speakers. The Sony cassette player looks knackered.

I can't see more than £20 in the lot IMO.

I'm Neil.

I wouldn't waste your money.
    I have seen the large speakers bottom left that you refer to on Ebay several times and although I can't recall the name they aren't anything special and the hole in the grille directly in front of the tweeter doesn't look encouraging!
    Neil.

I'm Lawrence.

I'm not sure, assuming they're offering you £100 to take them you could always drop most of them at the dump and just keep the big ones.

I'm Neil.

I remember the manufacturer's name now - Rigonda. According to a post on Lenco Heaven they were made in Latvia by the same factory (RRR) that made Rigonda radiograms/speakers but were often sold in USSR under the name "Simphonija".
    they look like these.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-R...EAAOSwVEteJEYP
    Neil.

I'm Geoff.

Moved from Private Exhibitions section to Blank Canvas area where it belongs.

By the way, the big speakers look like Rigondas to me.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Moved from Private Exhibitions section to Blank Canvas area where it belongs.

By the way, the big speakers look like Rigondas to me.
    Thats what I thought. We had a Rigonda Bolshoi gram system when I was a kiddie - mid-70's, with speakers that looked very much like those- brings back memories
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Geoff.

Lasky used to sell the speakers separately on occasion. I saw them a few times in the Edgware Road branch.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Adam.

Those Rigondas are very good speakers and well worth saving - I used a refurbished pair as my main speakers for years in my early 20s. Do be aware, though, that they don't take much power as the matching radiogram was only rated at 4W per channel. I'll give you three guesses how I know this...

The rest of it looks like skip fodder, although I'd like to know what the speakers with the twin bass drivers are - second from right on the bottom.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

+ Reply to Thread