+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS or swap Unison Smart 845 Monoblock power amps

I'm Steve.

Default FS or swap Unison Smart 845 Monoblock power amps

Looking for £1900 or swap for stereo power amp of approximately the same value. Beautifully made and sound good. In full working order. I do not have the boxes (crates) so collection would be preferable from my home near Hartlepool in the North East. I am happy to video the amps working and to clean the amps with a soap solution prior to hand over which of course would observe social distancing rules. These beatiful beast cannot be entrusted to a courier, sorry. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Floyddroid; 02-06-2020 at 16:18. Reason: Adding images.

I'm Steve.

Oh, i forgot to mention that the driver valves are all Mullard.

I'm Chris.

I would caution against wiping down the amps with bleach. You could cause untold damage to the finishes.
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Audiolab 6000 CDT transport
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    BK Electronics XLS400FF Sub.
    Cabling
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X
    Headphones
    HRT HeadStreamer and SennHeiser HD650 headphones

I'm Steve.

Not with the solution i have at my disposal for cleaning medical equipment.

I'm Ken.

Wonderful looking amps Steve.
    I see Giovanni (founder of UR) died 10th May.

I'm Grant.

ooh, very nice.. a work of art those cabs
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    Wonderful looking amps Steve.
    I see Giovanni (founder of UR) died 10th May.
    Yes he did indeed. Very sad. He created some beautiful gear. These amps are rather splendid and to be honest if my C5P pre-amp had two pre-out Phono out puts I would keep them and get a more powerful amp to drive the bass with which is why I text you dude. I suppose my other option would be to intergate a sub?
    Last edited by Floyddroid; 03-06-2020 at 16:13.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    ooh, very nice.. a work of art those cabs
    They are indeed.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

You could just use Y connectors Steve, which would be the same as a pre with two sets of outputs- all they usually do is wire the second pair in parallel with the first, so electrically the same as using Y connectors.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    You could just use Y connectors Steve, which would be the same as a pre with two sets of outputs- all they usually do is wire the second pair in parallel with the first, so electrically the same as using Y connectors.
    Mmm, I will source a pair.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast