+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help required MDAC+ and Bluesound Node 2i

I'm Peter.

I’ve changed the Jitter rejection to High Bandwidth. I’m using the BluOS app on the iPad which connect with the Node using Bluetooth, click on the app, select choose your music, I have Tidal and Spotify as options, choose Tidal, select music and play.

In terms of bypassing the Node’s Dac, when you open the App, choose Select a Player, select audio settings, disable tone controls, enable output level fixed, it then allows you to enable MQA external Dac.

I’ve tried enabling the external Dac and not enabling it and still no sound. Whichever input Inchoose on the MDAC the display flashes kHz, then unlocked and repeats this.

At a loss what to do to be honest.

I'm Gareth.

My guess is the optical cable is knackered.

I'm Peter.

In the menu there is a factory reset button, I’m getting desperate.

I'm Peter.

Gareth, I got hold of a digital coaxial cable today and no luck with that either or any other input. I’ve even changed the rca phono lead to the amp but no joy. The Dac clearly can’t find any digital signals otherwise the display would show the output sampling frequency of the file, instead it just says unlocked which means it can’t lock onto a signal.

I’m unsure about pressing the factory reset, I don’t know the dealer the Dac was purchased from and there is no support on the Audiolab website, in fact the instruction manual is pretty poor to be honest as it doesn’t refer to any troubleshooting or what a factory reset would do.

I can’t get hold of the cd rom that came with the Dac but can only assume it was loaded as the Dac was working over 18 months ago but hasn’t been used since.

Thanks to everyone for their help and support so far.

I'm Gareth.

Try the factory reset, it won’t do any harm

I'm Martin.

You have the node plugged into the dac and the dac into your amp, correct? What do you need the cd rom for?

I'm Peter.

Martin that’s right, Node into Dac and the Dac into the amp. The only reason I referred to the CD was because reading through the manual it refers to loading the supplied cd into a pc and usb connecting to the MDAC. I assume this downloads the audio drivers to the pc but wondered if there was firmware or software to the Dac. The manual is poor and doesn’t sufficiently explain. I don’t have the cd.

Maybe factory reset is the way to go.

Thanks for your help so far.

I'm Peter.

Just found this on Roon Labs website from March 2018, exactly the same issue as I’m having.

Highly unlikely but don’t suppose any MDAC Plus owners ever encountered any issues where the DAC stops locking onto any frequency and displays an odd actual frequency of 19 Bit PCM/1.011m ??

Was working fine (HQ Player/Roon) Sunday morning - but in the afternoon this odd behaviour started.

When playing in any application it intermittently displays the above or unlocked. In MAC OS it all looks fine and the music players (A+, Roon, HQ Player) show the tracks playing but I get no sound at all :frowning:

Tried USB, Optical out and multiple reboots, firmware update and reset to factory settings.

Pretty sure mine is faulty and am shipping it off to hopefully be repaired under warranty, but thought would post here on the off chance!

I'm Peter.

Roon requires you to open an account for £9.99 a month, which I haven’t got so can’t see any replies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12