+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help required MDAC+ and Bluesound Node 2i

I'm Peter.

Default Help required MDAC+ and Bluesound Node 2i

Hi,

I have just borrowed an Audiolab MDAC + to use with my Node 2i. Problem is I am not getting any sound so just wanted to check this out / get some help. The Dac is powered up, RCA connectors (unbalanced line out) to the inputs on the amp and a digital optical cable to the input on the Dac. The same digital optical cable is in the output from the Node 2i.

The Dac on the Node has been bypassed in settings so that it knows there is an external Dac in use. All the volume settings on amp and Dac are up. I am using Tidal on an iPad with Bluetooth connection to the Node.

No sound. I disconnected everything to cut the Dac out of the loop and all working fine. The only problem I can think of is the optical cable is damaged. I don’t have a coaxial lead so can’t check it.

Just one other thing “unlocked” is flashing on the display of the MDAC

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Last edited by supapeet; 28-05-2020 at 22:51.

I'm Grant.

If its not locked then the sound will be muted until it locks. Do you have correct input selected on mdac? Yes, cable could be an issue too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

Grant thanks. Yes I have selected the Opt 1 input. I’ve been doing some digging and maybe the audio drivers need to be re installed? The loan didn’t come with the cd rom and the last time this Dac was used was 18 months ago so I’ve been on the Audiolab website and will try that tomorrow. Thanks again.

I'm Grant.

Audio drivers are usually for Windows pcs. Could it be outputting wrong, ie dsd not pcm or the like.(ignore that bit)
    Maybe the firmware of dac needs updating too.

Let us know how u get on
    Last edited by struth; 29-05-2020 at 04:32.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

You could also try the cable and dac by connecting yo another optical source.. A TV etc to see if it locks. It would tell you something if it does work.
    You need to know if it's the node or mdac that isn't working. If both are then why they are not talking
    Last edited by struth; 29-05-2020 at 04:34.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

I downloaded the drivers from the Audiolab site and connected the laptop and Dac as per the instruction. Opened the set up exe file and it downloaded as you would expect. Set the Dac up again with the optical cable, still showing unlocked and no sound. Used the USB A setting on the Dac to connect an iPad to play a saved music file and still the same. Used the USB connection for the laptop and didn’t get the unlocked display but no sound even though the laptop showed the sound was playing using the Audiolab drivers. Other than contacting Audiolab I can’t think of anything else other than to ask if the cd rom the Dac came with is available from the person who lent it to me.

I'm Gareth.

Change the jitter rejection settings of the MDAC and see if that helps, try High Bandwidth to start with.

Manual here if needed: https://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/...acplus-man.pdf

I'm Gareth.

Quote Originally Posted by supapeet View Post
    Hi,
    The Dac on the Node has been bypassed in settings so that it knows there is an external Dac in use. All the volume settings on amp and Dac are up. I am using Tidal on an iPad with Bluetooth connection to the Node.
    This confuses me - I can’t see a setting to bypass the Node’s DAC, you don’t need to do anything here. All outputs are simultaneous.
    Are you using BlueOS or the Tidal app? Your iPad should be the controller using BlueOS, there’s no need to stream Tidal via Bluetooth to the Node 2i.

I'm Adam.

i didn't think you could bypass the node dac!
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Martin.

Yeah you can just use one of the digital outs. You can tell the node there’s an external dac too for mqa .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast