+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rega Planar 3 for sale

I'm Richard.

Default Rega Planar 3 for sale

For sale - upgraded Planar 3

This started as a stock Planar 3 from 1979 and the only parts remaining are the plinth, lid and motor. I knew this deck from new, and sold off the R200 arm to put on a RB300 I had. Once the modding bug started the capacitor and resistor got changed, the bearing and sleeve got replaced with new, a new platter and subplatter from Fidelity Designs were fitted, and an AT VM95ML fitted. Oh - and a white upgrade belt which improves stability a lot.

The deck has been set up with a Dr Feickert alignment tool to Stevenson geometry. I'm selling as a whole or parts because I've also upgraded my Systemdek with an Audiomods Classic and Audio Note IQ cartridge and that just beats it out - but I have to say not by much.

I'm offering it for sale in various combos. Obviously I'd like to sell as is but will also do:

• Rega as it stands £510
    • Rega plinth and RB300 arm £250 (original subplatter and glass platter, black belt)

RB300s alone are fetching over £100 now and plain Planar 3s with that arm are over £300 on ebay.

If you wanted to discuss it without the AT please drop me a line.

I'd prefer collection from the Manchester area

Last edited by eatapeach; 27-05-2020 at 07:25.

+ Reply to Thread