+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Bought & Homebrew Beers, Lagers, Porters etc

I'm Grant.

Citra Ipa
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm guy.

Not beer but home-brew:

My grape vine produced quite a few grapes this year. So rather than leaving the grapes for birds and wasps (we seem to have lots of wasps in the village this year), I have decided to have a go at making some wine:

close up shows fermentation bubbles just starting (hopefully 2 gallons when it is transferred to demijohns, ultimately about 10% alcohol) - I have cheated and used enough grape concentrate/enhancer for two gallons, I also added sucrose to raise the OG a bit and I mashed up a banana to add to it as I seem to remember something about banana giving home made wines a bit more body Pretty much making recipe up as I go along.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Ray.

Is it a good year for wine?

Fruit seems to be early this year, just picked a load of damsons. Apples are falling off already.

I'm guy.

I think it has been a very good year for fruit. Surprised that you are only just picking Damsons, do they take a long time to ripen? I picked my gages about a month ago.

Side note (drinks related) - I bottled some Gages with Woods Navy rum (nice little drink at Christmas and superb Gage crumble in mind), all looking good. I did another jar, same method in all respects except using "Square Rigger" white rum (been sitting around in the house for years, I think one of my daughters bought it) and the bloody thing started fermenting
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    I think it has been a very good year for fruit. Surprised that you are only just picking Damsons, do they take a long time to ripen? I picked my gages about a month ago.

Side note (drinks related) - I bottled some Gages with Woods Navy rum (nice little drink at Christmas and superb Gage crumble in mind), all looking good. I did another jar, same method in all respects except using "Square Rigger" white rum (been sitting around in the house for years, I think one of my daughters bought it) and the bloody thing started fermenting
    I thought they were early this year, have been ripe some of them for a week or so. Blackberries not really ready yet and most too small.

I'm Grant.

Brugse zot Belgian lager

not had a beer for some time, and ive lots of it so....
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm guy.

wine update:

About a month ago I was watching a late film when I heard a noise in the kitchen. The fermentation had got so vigorous that the must had sprayed all over a freshly painted wall - I was up until about one in the morning clearing up.
    Note to self; don't add yeast nutrient to fresh fruit

Next day (and several after), still going for it:

All calm (SG below 1.000) and clearing nicely (smells ok too)

Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Grant.

a bit vigorous
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm guy.

Home brew " St Peters - cream stout" poured to celebrate getting the grass cut.

This is going to be a staple of my home brewing, I have made a couple of batches since getting back in to home brewing and I have been very satisfied with the results.
    (Although my next will be a "Woodfords - Wherry", should be very pleasant for Christmas if I get it started next week).

Sony CDP XB930.

I'm guy.

Woodfords Wherry bottled three weeks ago (a touch of honey to prime the beer), very nice brew - the honey comes through very slightly, will post a picture tomorrow in the daylight.
    Just transferred a batch of St Peters cream stout from bucket to barrel for clearing before priming and bottling. Looking at all the yeast made me wonder about using it to make a loaf or two as an experiment - will ask on bread thread
    Sony CDP XB930.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast