I have got back in to making my "own" beer over the period of social isolation (and pubs being shut )

It has been over twenty years since I made any and have been using simple branded tins of extract. The problem has been finding beers which brew well at home (although so far so good). It has got me thinking that recommended kits/tips etc could be a useful thread, as I have just been buying on spec.

So:

Woodfords "Nog" - first attempt and brilliant. Dark beer, good head, bitter and toasted malt flavour - will make this again.

Courage "Directors" - fermentation slower, classic beer but the hop flavour a bit too "green" to me if that makes sense (wife likes it though)

St Peters "Cream Stout" - Still conditioning in the bottles, but VERY promising. Bitter finish, chocolate and fine mousse - will make this again.

Festival "Pride of London Porter" - just started, but I have added extra dark spray malt to the recipe so it should come out at about 6%

I have just ordered a Czech pilsner kit and an American IPA for the summer months, will let you know that I think in about a months time!

All the above have been bottle conditioned using a spray malt solution which I made up, so sediment in bottom of bottle (Coopers PET bottles - initial expense, but reusable). I was going to use my old Boots pressure barrel, but the gas injector was buggered, actually finding it is working really well to bottle condition though.

Any recommendations for kits/whatever gratefully received.

Edit - as much as I am enjoying making and drinking my own beer, I really miss the social aspect of going to pub/chatting/playing pétanque (boule) - must get some mates around to sample my beers when the situation allows.