+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mystery veteran car

I'm Grant.

has some similarities and were made in various styles i think
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Surely one of the most distinguishing features is the driving position and the fact that there is a passenger seat in front of the driver.

I'm Mike.

Think someone's photoshopped the horse out

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by DGP View Post
    There's a very active photo identification group at the family history site Rootschat - free to join.
    DGP
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    could also be a Peugeot Type 15 .. a bit earlier i think... not sure the age but i think very late 19th c
    Closest I've seen Grant, I read up & they were exported to the UK. Mr Rolls of Rolls Royce actually had one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Surely one of the most distinguishing features is the driving position and the fact that there is a passenger seat in front of the driver.
    But I'm wondering if the front seat was a later addition?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post

But I'm wondering if the front seat was a later addition?
    It looks to me that the front seat is integral and that the front panel pivots up when that seat is not in use. Otherwise, why would the driving position be so far back?

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Thanks very much for studying the picture in such detail but try as I might I can't make out those words (any words) but I'm only looking at a laptop screen, where exactly are they?

And thanks for the resource you linked to, I'll have a look through that later.
    I have circled where the lettering is, enlarge the image you provided, and you will firstly see 4V at the end, and follow back from there for other lettering. Looking at it again this morning before what looks to be clifford, is, or what appears as, Michel. The a we use for Michael commonly today looks to be missing. There was much flamboyance too with the way writing occurred back then. Generally you would say the writing is cursive ( the keyboard and typewriter before it are to blame, for the boring writing we see today ) and the h has a extension toward what might be the e
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Light Dependant Resistor; 24-05-2020 at 22:04.

I'm Geoff.

It has just occurred to me that if the front flap does fold up, that the two projections on the bottom might be rear view mirrors.

Time displacement .....

I'm sorted.

Thanks everyone for your input, I finally found it (not quite sure how, more than a bit of luck involved).

May I present the 1901 Arrol Johnston

I'm Chris.

Yes that's it for sure, a good find may though be a 1902 model as pictured here, but not a lot of difference, but is the Dog cart model they produced.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Dependant Resistor View Post
    Yes that's it for sure, a good find may though be a 1902 model as pictured here, but not a lot of difference, but is the Dog cart model they produced.
    It all ties in, they were a Scottish company & the original picture was taken in Scotland. Thanks again for your help, I can sleep tonight now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast