+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Clone or Knock off??

I'm Martin.

Lidl do a tinned soup that looks from a distance like it has the Heinz label but when you get up close it's a different story. Never chanced it myself.

I recall that Burberry had an issue back in the 1990s. Mostly these premium brands are not that bothered about knock-offs as the market for the knock offs and the market for the real thing are completely separate, so they don't lose sales. The problem Burberry had was that knock-off Burberry became the widespread style choice of the chav, so the customers for the real thing were put off by this and stopped buying it.

Don't think that effect could crossover to hifi though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dennis.

Last Christmas, (Oh no its looming!), a friend said that he bought a stolen from a supermarket, Aldi I seem to recall, and he peeled a label off to find Lidl underneath.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Last Christmas, (Oh no its looming!), a friend said that he bought a stolen from a supermarket, Aldi I seem to recall, and he peeled a label off to find Lidl underneath.
    I take you meant Stollen?
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Dennis.

Yes, it is not only that I make errors, (In typing not spelling), but I run a cleaner whilst I type, and this causes drop-outs.

I'm joe.

I'm old enough to remember the Embassy cheapo cover versions singles that you bought from Woolies (well, I never did, because I'm too classy, but our kid did). If I remember correctly, some of them featured famous musicians (eg Elton John) 'moonlighting', and are now quite valuable.

I'm Dennis.

Personally I can see nothing valuable about Elton John.

I'm Frank.

A rattling good read - Mr W, what I read of it. It's quite lengthy. And all views catered for:

https://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/vt.mpl?f=amp&m=132787

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456