+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Castle Chester speakers

I'm Lawrence.

Default FS: Castle Chester speakers

These are rather special little floorstanders that use a quarter wave tapered horn to minimise the effects of the rear wave from the 6" paper driver. The result is a very natural unforced presentation (but isn't boring as some say about Castle speakers) with a very musical bass that goes low but remains tight. They also work well with all genres of music and just seem to let the music flow.

The cabinets are in a special order natural ash matched veneer (which I've never seen before, they are usually a dark red or brown colour) and are extremely well made as you'd expect from Castles of this period.

There are a few minor issues, the odd little mark as you'd expect for their age, the area under the grilles are lighter than the rest as is usual and there's a little dimple on one tweeter that doesn't seem to effect the sound in any way. One grille lug has also snapped (should be easy to buy a new one and glue on). Just mentioning them all for completeness.

They come boxed with paperwork but I'd rather not send them by courier for obvious reasons, unless the buyer is happy to take on the risk. (I took on the risk coming to me and don't want to take it on both ways!)

I'm looking for £140 collected (from North London near the M25, A10, A1 and A406) which I think is a very good price for the quality of sound and build on offer. I can offer a quick demo through the lounge window if required and a distanced handover outside if you can wait for them to be boxed up.
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 23-05-2020 at 07:46.

I'm Lawrence.

Little downward adjustment to price on reflection.

I'm Lawrence.

Bump for these very nice sounding speakers

I'm Lawrence.

Sold STP

+ Reply to Thread