+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Turntable Footer/Isolation Questions

I'm Jim.

Default Turntable Footer/Isolation Questions

I am nearing completion of a Garrard 401 project, with the deck bolted to a typical high mass birch ply plinth. Here is some relevant background info:

1. My house is built on a concrete slab.

2. The table will be placed in either a media cabinet or on a shelf.
    - The media cabinet is really just a piece of nice furniture, it is not your typical audio rack.
    - The shelf is both mounted to the wall AND resting on a file cabinet that sits on the floor.
    Neither is ideal, but they are the only practical options. I'm leaning toward the shelf option.

3. I'd like the solution to be height adjustable for leveling as well as provide isolation.

I have looked at various options, including spikes, brass footers, ceramic balls, sorbothane hemispheres or cubes, and aluminum footers that include some rubber or sorbothane, etc. All the choices are a bit overwhelming.

I know enough to understand that different solutions are best for different room situations. But I do not know what would be best for my situation. Any advice, suggestions or reasonably priced products would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Last edited by jwr159; 21-05-2020 at 19:01.

I own the Lyd I from this company (http://www.alto-extremo.com/) and they are very good. I couldn't directly compare them with other products in my own system, but some of my friends did and they found these very good. Also it does it job quite well in my setup.
    László from Budapest :-)

+ Reply to Thread