+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Audio Technica AT-VM95SH

I'm Robert.

Default Audio Technica AT-VM95SH

Afternoon,
    Is anyone familiar with the above cartridge?
    Why am I asking? Well, I recently bought a Sugden IA4 Integrated amplifier which is has a MM phono stage built in. I already have an Audio Technica 33PTG/ii which I think is excellent but obiously this is a MC cartridge.
    I am looking for a decent MM cartidge that won't break the bank and will be a decent alternative to the 33PTG if I want to preserve the life of that cartridge.
    Reviews seem positive but always good to get first hand user views.
    Thanks.

I'm Dave.

The VM range are exceptional value for money. Buy with confidence, though they are slightly less 'warm' than the 33.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    The VM range are exceptional value for money. Buy with confidence, though they are slightly less 'warm' than the 33.
    Thank you for the reply. If I was looking for an AT MM cart with a little warmth do you have a recommendation?

I'm Dave.

I don't think any of them are 'warm' as such, more 'accurate' I would say and with more body than a 2M, for instance.

I'm Gordon.

I've had my AT-VM95SH for a few weeks now and am very impressed with it. A most enjoyable and accurate cartridge with loads of detail. Highly recommended.

See more about it, also discussed recently, here: https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...lassic-upgrade

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by WullieD20 View Post
    I've had my AT-VM95SH for a few weeks now and am very impressed with it. A most enjoyable and accurate cartridge with loads of detail. Highly recommended.

See more about it, also discussed recently, here: https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...lassic-upgrade
    Thank you.

I'm Graham.

Have you thought about using a sut or head amp in combo with the at33ptg and the MM input of the Sugden. The later two position pure sound p10 works well but for a killer combo seek out a vintage Denon ha 500 head amp.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by graham67 View Post
    Have you thought about using a sut or head amp in combo with the at33ptg and the MM input of the Sugden. The later two position pure sound p10 works well but for a killer combo seek out a vintage Denon ha 500 head amp.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I am trying to keep the box count down if I can hence considering a new cartridge.

+ Reply to Thread